Here is my first pass at mashing up Saxon’s Crusader album cover for ds106. Next semester I will have to spend a lot more time getting better at Photoshop/GIMP because it is all too evident I still suck. Anyway, join the ds106 crusade to rid the land of boring ass classes 🙂
Watch the bava blog trailer!
is an ongoing conversation about media of all kinds ...
Generations from now, they won't call it the Internet anymore. They'll just say, "I logged on to the Jim Groom this morning.
Everything Jim Groom touches is gold. He's like King Midas, but with the Internet.
My understanding is that an essential requirement of the internet is to do whatever Jim Groom asks of you while you're online.
-James D. Calder
@jimgroom is the Billy Martin of edtech.
My 3yr old son is VERY intrigued by @jimgroom's avatar. "Is he a superhero?" "Well, yes, son, to many he is."
Jim Groom is a fiery man.
-Antonella Dalla Torre
“Reverend” Jim “The Bava” Groom, alias “Snake Pliskin” is a charlatan and a fraud, a self-confessed “used car salesman” clawing his way into the glamour of the education technology keynote circuit via the efforts of his oppressed minions at the University of Mary Washington’s DTLT and beyond. The monster behind educational time-sink ds106 and still recovering from his bid for hipster stardom with “Edupunk”, Jim spends his days using his dwindling credibility to sell cheap webhosting to gullible undergraduates and getting banned from YouTube for gross piracy.
I am Jim Groom
Find out more about me here.
- Tim Owens on Reclaim Karaoke at the Rockaway Club
- Meredith on Child Bride (1938)
- Anne-Marie Scott on Reclaim Karaoke at the Rockaway Club
- Reclaim Karaoke at the Rockaway Club | bavatuesdays on The Boy Who Streamed Too Much
- Reclaim Karaoke at the Rockaway Club | bavatuesdays on Reclaim Karaoke: Testing 1,2,3
- Reclaim Karaoke at the Rockaway Club | bavatuesdays on Friday Night Karaoke at OERcamp.global
- Reclaim Karaoke at the Rockaway Club | bavatuesdays on Summer Summit 2020 KaraOERke Setup Update
- Reclaim Karaoke at the Rockaway Club | bavatuesdays on YouTube, Copyright, and the ongoing Claims on our Culture
- Reclaim Karaoke at the Rockaway Club | bavatuesdays on Karaoke Fridays on #ds106radio
- The Joy of Web Improbability: The Buggles on/in front of #DS106 TV – CogDogBlog on ds106zone Week 4: Video Killed the Radio Star
- David Schlaefer on Day 29: Navarone Playset
- The Boy Who Streamed Too Much | bavatuesdays on OBS Ninja
- The Boy Who Streamed Too Much | bavatuesdays on Diabolik: a Cultural Revolution Comic on Film
- The Boy Who Streamed Too Much | bavatuesdays on The Evil Eye
- The Boy Who Streamed Too Much | bavatuesdays on Reclaim Karaoke: Testing 1,2,3
- Reclaim Karaoke at the Rockaway Club
- Metaphor’s in the Water, You Go in the Water
- The Boy Who Streamed Too Much
- Reclaim Karaoke: Testing 1,2,3
- Reclaim Karaoke Test on ds106radio
- Presenting Reclaim Cloud at OER23
- The Allure of Mastodon
- Creating a Domain Alias for Mastodon Files Served through DigitalOcean Spaces
- Moving Mastodon Object Storage from AWS S3 to DigitalOcean Spaces
- Mastodon Version Updates, Object Storage Security, and More
browse the bavarchive
- Alan Levine
- Andy Rush
- Audrey Watters
- Bonnie Stewart
- Brian Lamb
- Bryan Alexander
- Chris Lott
- Clint LaLonde
- Cole Camplese
- Darcy Norman
- David Kernohan
- David Wiley
- Gardner Campbell
- GNA Garcia
- Grant Potter
- Jeffrey Keefer
- Jon Beasley-Murray
- Jon Udell
- Kate Bowles
- Kin Lane
- Laura Blankenship
- Leslie Madsen-Brooks
- Lisa M Lane
- Martha Burtis
- Martin Hawksey
- Martin Weller
- Mike Caulfield
- Mikhail Gershovich
- Paul Bond
- Scott Leslie
- Serena Epstein
- Shannon Hauser
- Stephen Downes
- The OLDaily
- Tim Owens
- Tom Woodward
- Tony Hirst
I think you’ve sufficiently hacked off all the limbs of bad class habits that want to reach out and corral ds106 back into the safety of “normal” teaching and learning.
Keep waving the Jolly Roger, teaching out in the open to the death!
And the ds106 from Saxon is some pretty mean digital imaging skills.
I need to sit down with you and NoiseProfessor for a half hour or so and get my Photoshop/GIMP skills up to snuff. I am not happy with this at all. Though the album cover is the perfect marriage for ds106. But when I look at your Kiss album cover I know I am an amateur.
Anytime, anyplace. Trade better vodka for photoshop lessons.
And I’ve been thinking about the spring semester and plan to do a little more tech tutorials in the face to face portion. I’ve no excuse being in a lab with Macs and Adobe software. The students in this semester kept asking me to show them anyway.
So I’ll do my best to put up a number of the lessons as screen casts.
I will take you up on that Vodka, cause the Vodka you had in your house really, really sucked. What’s more, before I become a little bitch this semester I was planning on doing a number of tutorials for each of the assignments, but the semester has quickly gotten away from me given we are now at the end of regular classes. That said, I have two weeks over Xmas break and I am gonna try and commit to do one tutorial for a ds106 assignment a day for two weeks. Should be fun, what’s more it might be a good time for me and you to hook up on Photoshop kungfu. You rock, Michael, but your Vodka does not.
I’ll take you up on the one tutorial a day for two weeks challenge. Maybe we can coordinate a few? I can do a few that describe my favorite tools and tricks.
And they’re only so much a man can take talking down about his family’s alcohol.