I ran it on an AMD 8 GB droplet with 250 GB block storage, but after some testing the stream was fairly latent. Not sure if this is because it’s a free version of the software or if I need a CPU-intensive Droplet, but going to move it to Reclaim Cloud shortly to see if I can increase resources to deal with latency issues.
One of the key things learned while playing around today was that I needed to setup SSL on the Ant Media server in order to get the iframe for the stream to work. I realized this as a result of the stream returning an invalid response from the iframe.
Luckily, this Stackoverflow thread led me to the solution and after following the steps in this useful guide I was able to embed the iframe Ant Media without issue within a simple html page at stream.bava.tv.
I’ll be continuing to play with Ant Media, and create a proper guide for installing on Reclaim Cloud, as well as figure out a one-click installer. A Stream of Your Own is just a click away 🙂