This post over at Cartoon Brew features some fun fan art by YouTube user Whoiseyevan, who has re-cut the trailers for the 1960s super hero animated series of Captain America, Thor, and The Fantastic Four into Marvel Zombie versions. And if you didnt know already, Marvel Zombies was a five issue series that came out back in 2005 and 2006, and is just further evidence that zombies have been taking over just about every sector of our entertainment industry throughout this decade. And rumor has it that Disney bought Marvel because they knew it was high time to invest in zombies. really do see zombies as some kind of weird, prescient metaphor that popular culture is using to warn us all of what’s to come, it’s like a strange self-reflective vision we refuse to come to terms with. It’s only on the YouTube where the truth is being taken seriously. Although, I must admit, this wikipedia article on Philosophical Zombies that Scott Leslie pointed me to kin da makes me want to get my Doctorate in this emerging field of study 🙂
Watch the bava blog trailer!
is an ongoing conversation about media of all kinds ...
Generations from now, they won't call it the Internet anymore. They'll just say, "I logged on to the Jim Groom this morning.
Everything Jim Groom touches is gold. He's like King Midas, but with the Internet.
My understanding is that an essential requirement of the internet is to do whatever Jim Groom asks of you while you're online.
-James D. Calder
@jimgroom is the Billy Martin of edtech.
My 3yr old son is VERY intrigued by @jimgroom's avatar. "Is he a superhero?" "Well, yes, son, to many he is."
Jim Groom is a fiery man.
-Antonella Dalla Torre
“Reverend” Jim “The Bava” Groom, alias “Snake Pliskin” is a charlatan and a fraud, a self-confessed “used car salesman” clawing his way into the glamour of the education technology keynote circuit via the efforts of his oppressed minions at the University of Mary Washington’s DTLT and beyond. The monster behind educational time-sink ds106 and still recovering from his bid for hipster stardom with “Edupunk”, Jim spends his days using his dwindling credibility to sell cheap webhosting to gullible undergraduates and getting banned from YouTube for gross piracy.
I am Jim Groom
Find out more about me here.
- Helping to Save a Donkey Kong Junior on
- Chatting DoOO, Open Source, and More with Ed Beck on
- Yie Ar Kung-Fu GIFs on
- Exidy 440 Dev Kit on Cheyenne on
- Scramble Project: Cut the base! on
- And then there were 29… on
- Some Classic Arcade GIFs on
- Re-visiting How we Work at Reclaim on
- Thinking about how we work at Reclaim on
- A loaf of bread, a container of milk, and a stick of butter on
- Learning from Reclaim Cloud’s Ghost Installer on
- Ghosting WordPress on
- Ghosting WordPress on
- Migrating Ghost from Community Image to Docker Engine Installer on Reclaim Cloud on
- Spinning Up a Ghost Docker Container in Reclaim Cloud on
- bavacade To-Do List, Part 1
- Chatting DoOO, Open Source, and More with Ed Beck
- Re-visiting How we Work at Reclaim
- And then there were 29…
- Copying Files between Environments in Reclaim Cloud
- Learning from Reclaim Cloud’s Ghost Installer
- Ghosting WordPress
- 9 Years of Reclaim Hosting
- Bavacade Update: G07 Capkit, Condor PCB, and Cheyenne Audio
- WordPress Multi-Region: Is the Third Time a Charm?
browse the bavarchive