I am trying to move the bava to a wpmu installation so I have something to blog about. I expect that the site may be down over the next 12-24 hours during the move. I know this is very horrifying for many of you, so I just wanted to encourage you to be strong and persevere.
Watch the bava blog trailer!
is an ongoing conversation about media of all kinds ...
Generations from now, they won't call it the Internet anymore. They'll just say, "I logged on to the Jim Groom this morning.
Everything Jim Groom touches is gold. He's like King Midas, but with the Internet.
My understanding is that an essential requirement of the internet is to do whatever Jim Groom asks of you while you're online.
-James D. Calder
@jimgroom is the Billy Martin of edtech.
My 3yr old son is VERY intrigued by @jimgroom's avatar. "Is he a superhero?" "Well, yes, son, to many he is."
Jim Groom is a fiery man.
-Antonella Dalla Torre
“Reverend” Jim “The Bava” Groom, alias “Snake Pliskin” is a charlatan and a fraud, a self-confessed “used car salesman” clawing his way into the glamour of the education technology keynote circuit via the efforts of his oppressed minions at the University of Mary Washington’s DTLT and beyond. The monster behind educational time-sink ds106 and still recovering from his bid for hipster stardom with “Edupunk”, Jim spends his days using his dwindling credibility to sell cheap webhosting to gullible undergraduates and getting banned from YouTube for gross piracy.
I am Jim Groom
Find out more about me here.
- Eric Likness on Reclaim Open’s Unconference
- Tom on Reclaim Open’s Unconference
- Claire Davies on Bello Yellow Pac-man
- bavacade work log 3-28-2023 | bavatuesdays on Bello Yellow Pac-man
- Leading with the Art | bavatuesdays on The Art of OERxDomains21
- Reverend on Bello Yellow Pac-man
- Eric Likness on Bello Yellow Pac-man
- Bello Yellow Pac-man | bavatuesdays on Dig Dug on Wheels!
- Reverend on Dig Dug on Wheels!
- Eric Likness on Dig Dug on Wheels!
- Dig Dug on Wheels! | bavatuesdays on Venture is up and running!
- Anne-Marie on So Your iPhone was Stolen in Milan
- Venture is up and running! | bavatuesdays on bavacade work log 2-9-2023
- Jim Grooom on So Your iPhone was Stolen in Milan
- Jim Groom on So Your iPhone was Stolen in Milan
browse the bavarchive
- Alan Levine
- Andy Rush
- Audrey Watters
- Bonnie Stewart
- Brian Lamb
- Bryan Alexander
- Chris Lott
- Clint LaLonde
- Cole Camplese
- Darcy Norman
- David Kernohan
- David Wiley
- Gardner Campbell
- GNA Garcia
- Grant Potter
- Jeffrey Keefer
- Jon Beasley-Murray
- Jon Udell
- Kate Bowles
- Kin Lane
- Laura Blankenship
- Leslie Madsen-Brooks
- Lisa M Lane
- Martha Burtis
- Martin Hawksey
- Martin Weller
- Mike Caulfield
- Mikhail Gershovich
- Paul Bond
- Scott Leslie
- Serena Epstein
- Shannon Hauser
- Stephen Downes
- The OLDaily
- Tim Owens
- Tom Woodward
- Tony Hirst
I see the bava is back online… good thing too as I was in need of a permalink to your Goya post.
The bava is back, and it is now running as a mapped domain on a WPMu installation. The future is here, baby!
It was horrifying, indeed. With a bit of botox, I might have looked like the lovely model.
But now I get most of today–instead of last evening–to try to figure out how to scrape, spider, filter, combine and manipulate RSS feeds, following links from RSS Feed Generator for Academic Journals.
The bava is back; the future is bright again….