Last night Antonella and I had a real blast putting together our first 15 minute play list of Italian classics, commercials, and variety show numbers on YouTube mixed in with clips of Peter Sellers as Claire Quilty from Stanley Kubrick’s “Lolita.” Far from perfect, but way too fun, and I hope to get even better.
Here is a break down of the media
- Antonella La Radio ds106 bumper
- An Ennio Morricone 60s rock and roll track for Pier Paolo Pasolini’s Hawks & Sparrows (featuring Totò)
- Then a Carosello known as “Un diabolico Twist”
- Then an intervention by Peter Sellers as Quilty In Kubrick’s Lolita talking about “filling cavities”
- An then a classic duet between Italian pop icon Mina and Celanto “Parole, parole, parole.”
- Then “Two Normal Guys” clip from Lolita —one of the truly great Peter Sellers moments captured on film
- Then another Carosello, this time with the Italian/German phenom the Kinsler Twins
- And another moment of Sellers at his best, right before he is shot by Humpert Humpert “Cause you took advantage.”
- All rounded out with the king of Italian pop and my personal favorite Lucio Battisti’s “La canzone del sole.”
- With the punctuation mark of a final freedom radio bumper done by yours truly.
We need to come up with a way to remix this stuff and share it. We are talking about that currently in DTLT, and may want to think this through. For now I am using the ta here ds106media. We’ll wee where that leads, though some kind of browsable space might be nice.