Watch the bava blog trailer!
is an ongoing conversation about media of all kinds ...
Generations from now, they won't call it the Internet anymore. They'll just say, "I logged on to the Jim Groom this morning.
Everything Jim Groom touches is gold. He's like King Midas, but with the Internet.
My understanding is that an essential requirement of the internet is to do whatever Jim Groom asks of you while you're online.
-James D. Calder
@jimgroom is the Billy Martin of edtech.
My 3yr old son is VERY intrigued by @jimgroom's avatar. "Is he a superhero?" "Well, yes, son, to many he is."
Jim Groom is a fiery man.
-Antonella Dalla Torre
“Reverend” Jim “The Bava” Groom, alias “Snake Pliskin” is a charlatan and a fraud, a self-confessed “used car salesman” clawing his way into the glamour of the education technology keynote circuit via the efforts of his oppressed minions at the University of Mary Washington’s DTLT and beyond. The monster behind educational time-sink ds106 and still recovering from his bid for hipster stardom with “Edupunk”, Jim spends his days using his dwindling credibility to sell cheap webhosting to gullible undergraduates and getting banned from YouTube for gross piracy.
I am Jim Groom
Find out more about me here.
- What Richard Scarry has to Teach Us About Domains on
- On This Day on
- On This Day on
- Bad Boys (1983) on
- Broadway Danny Rose – “You’re living like a loser” on
- Rosemary’s Baby: A Retrospective on
- Child Bride (1938) on
- “EdTech transmissions: We Control the Vertical and the Horizontal” at Maricopa College on
- What I’m up to…. on
- Wire 106: S01E11 “The Hunt” on
- Creating GIFs with Text in GIMP on
- Multiple Hosting Accounts made easy for Domains on
- Mildred Pierce Double Feature on
- A Quick Tour of Owncast on
- Blood Meridian: Some Quotes on
browse the bavarchive
Tag Archives: web hosting
Recently Dean Shareski wrote about an issue he was having with his blog at Bluehost. The short story is his site got hacked, which happens to all of us. It’s the struggle of the web. But what was crazy was … Continue reading