Is this tweet about that comic:
Watch the bava blog trailer!
is an ongoing conversation about media of all kinds ...
Generations from now, they won't call it the Internet anymore. They'll just say, "I logged on to the Jim Groom this morning.
Everything Jim Groom touches is gold. He's like King Midas, but with the Internet.
My understanding is that an essential requirement of the internet is to do whatever Jim Groom asks of you while you're online.
-James D. Calder
@jimgroom is the Billy Martin of edtech.
My 3yr old son is VERY intrigued by @jimgroom's avatar. "Is he a superhero?" "Well, yes, son, to many he is."
Jim Groom is a fiery man.
-Antonella Dalla Torre
“Reverend” Jim “The Bava” Groom, alias “Snake Pliskin” is a charlatan and a fraud, a self-confessed “used car salesman” clawing his way into the glamour of the education technology keynote circuit via the efforts of his oppressed minions at the University of Mary Washington’s DTLT and beyond. The monster behind educational time-sink ds106 and still recovering from his bid for hipster stardom with “Edupunk”, Jim spends his days using his dwindling credibility to sell cheap webhosting to gullible undergraduates and getting banned from YouTube for gross piracy.
I am Jim Groom
Find out more about me here.
- Tim Owens on Reclaim Karaoke at the Rockaway Club
- Meredith on Child Bride (1938)
- Anne-Marie Scott on Reclaim Karaoke at the Rockaway Club
- Reclaim Karaoke at the Rockaway Club | bavatuesdays on The Boy Who Streamed Too Much
- Reclaim Karaoke at the Rockaway Club | bavatuesdays on Reclaim Karaoke: Testing 1,2,3
- Reclaim Karaoke at the Rockaway Club | bavatuesdays on Friday Night Karaoke at OERcamp.global
- Reclaim Karaoke at the Rockaway Club | bavatuesdays on Summer Summit 2020 KaraOERke Setup Update
- Reclaim Karaoke at the Rockaway Club | bavatuesdays on YouTube, Copyright, and the ongoing Claims on our Culture
- Reclaim Karaoke at the Rockaway Club | bavatuesdays on Karaoke Fridays on #ds106radio
- The Joy of Web Improbability: The Buggles on/in front of #DS106 TV – CogDogBlog on ds106zone Week 4: Video Killed the Radio Star
- David Schlaefer on Day 29: Navarone Playset
- The Boy Who Streamed Too Much | bavatuesdays on OBS Ninja
- The Boy Who Streamed Too Much | bavatuesdays on Diabolik: a Cultural Revolution Comic on Film
- The Boy Who Streamed Too Much | bavatuesdays on The Evil Eye
- The Boy Who Streamed Too Much | bavatuesdays on Reclaim Karaoke: Testing 1,2,3
- Reclaim Karaoke at the Rockaway Club
- Metaphor’s in the Water, You Go in the Water
- The Boy Who Streamed Too Much
- Reclaim Karaoke: Testing 1,2,3
- Reclaim Karaoke Test on ds106radio
- Presenting Reclaim Cloud at OER23
- The Allure of Mastodon
- Creating a Domain Alias for Mastodon Files Served through DigitalOcean Spaces
- Moving Mastodon Object Storage from AWS S3 to DigitalOcean Spaces
- Mastodon Version Updates, Object Storage Security, and More
browse the bavarchive
- Alan Levine
- Andy Rush
- Audrey Watters
- Bonnie Stewart
- Brian Lamb
- Bryan Alexander
- Chris Lott
- Clint LaLonde
- Cole Camplese
- Darcy Norman
- David Kernohan
- David Wiley
- Gardner Campbell
- GNA Garcia
- Grant Potter
- Jeffrey Keefer
- Jon Beasley-Murray
- Jon Udell
- Kate Bowles
- Kin Lane
- Laura Blankenship
- Leslie Madsen-Brooks
- Lisa M Lane
- Martha Burtis
- Martin Hawksey
- Martin Weller
- Mike Caulfield
- Mikhail Gershovich
- Paul Bond
- Scott Leslie
- Serena Epstein
- Shannon Hauser
- Stephen Downes
- The OLDaily
- Tim Owens
- Tom Woodward
- Tony Hirst
If I may, I think it’s time for a theological argument. Angels on pinheads kind of thing. Which of the following is most evil?
I’ll take “E” for $500, Ed.
you’d better believe it. we’re coming for you, reverend.
That is my greatest fear. Zombies I can handle, Canadians are a whole ‘nother ball game 😉
I think L4D2 needs to release a Canadian module next.
The character on the right has an eerie resemblance to the Rev.
the third panel is the bearded guy running to delete his FB account.
FB should be arraigned for impersonating a personal cyberinfrastructure.
As a Free software advocate who’s been dealt his fair share of ridicule, I must say this xkcd ranks as one of my faves.
For those who missed it, don’t forget to go to the original site and read the mouse-over. It’s the icing.
I have to say, I’m gald abotu what seems to be a more general pushback against the 3rd party corporate web right now. Not sure how long it will last, or even if it will be sustained given Apple is always already fixing the broken web for us. But that cartoon at least helps you remember you are right as rain 🙂