Watch the bava blog trailer!
is an ongoing conversation about media of all kinds ...
Generations from now, they won't call it the Internet anymore. They'll just say, "I logged on to the Jim Groom this morning.
Everything Jim Groom touches is gold. He's like King Midas, but with the Internet.
My understanding is that an essential requirement of the internet is to do whatever Jim Groom asks of you while you're online.
-James D. Calder
@jimgroom is the Billy Martin of edtech.
My 3yr old son is VERY intrigued by @jimgroom's avatar. "Is he a superhero?" "Well, yes, son, to many he is."
Jim Groom is a fiery man.
-Antonella Dalla Torre
“Reverend” Jim “The Bava” Groom, alias “Snake Pliskin” is a charlatan and a fraud, a self-confessed “used car salesman” clawing his way into the glamour of the education technology keynote circuit via the efforts of his oppressed minions at the University of Mary Washington’s DTLT and beyond. The monster behind educational time-sink ds106 and still recovering from his bid for hipster stardom with “Edupunk”, Jim spends his days using his dwindling credibility to sell cheap webhosting to gullible undergraduates and getting banned from YouTube for gross piracy.
I am Jim Groom
Find out more about me here.
- Anne-Marie on So Your iPhone was Stolen in Milan
- Venture is up and running! | bavatuesdays on bavacade work log 2-9-2023
- Jim Grooom on So Your iPhone was Stolen in Milan
- Jim Groom on So Your iPhone was Stolen in Milan
- Alan Levine on So Your iPhone was Stolen in Milan
- Anne-Marie on So Your iPhone was Stolen in Milan
- Jim Groom on Who am I Here?
- Thom on Who am I Here?
- Reverend on Who am I Here?
- Alan on Who am I Here?
- bavacade work log 2-9-2023 | bavatuesdays on Scramble Project Update: Stenciling the Side Art
- bavacade work log 2-9-2023 | bavatuesdays on bavacade’s Bitkit2 in Pac-man
- Martha on Web Building at UMW or, Why Shannon Hauser is #4life
- This Mastodon Will Explode, Session 1 | bavatuesdays on Mission Mastodon: This Server Will Explode in 90 Days
- Hacking the Pioneer DVL-909 for Multi-Region | bavatuesdays on The Other Multiregion in My Life: Pioneer DVL-909
- Venture is up and running!
- It’s Father’s Day, and I want my cake!
- So Your iPhone was Stolen in Milan
- All Roads Lead Back to the Blog
- Who am I Here?
- bavacade work log 2-9-2023
- bavacade’s Bitkit2 in Pac-man
- This Mastodon Will Explode, Session 1
- Hacking the Pioneer DVL-909 for Multi-Region
- Mission Mastodon: This Server Will Explode in 90 Days
browse the bavarchive
- Alan Levine
- Andy Rush
- Audrey Watters
- Bonnie Stewart
- Brian Lamb
- Bryan Alexander
- Chris Lott
- Clint LaLonde
- Cole Camplese
- Darcy Norman
- David Kernohan
- David Wiley
- Gardner Campbell
- GNA Garcia
- Grant Potter
- Jeffrey Keefer
- Jon Beasley-Murray
- Jon Udell
- Kate Bowles
- Kin Lane
- Laura Blankenship
- Leslie Madsen-Brooks
- Lisa M Lane
- Martha Burtis
- Martin Hawksey
- Martin Weller
- Mike Caulfield
- Mikhail Gershovich
- Paul Bond
- Scott Leslie
- Serena Epstein
- Shannon Hauser
- Stephen Downes
- The OLDaily
- Tim Owens
- Tom Woodward
- Tony Hirst
A Message from the Bava
This entry was posted in Uncategorized and tagged hacked. Bookmark the permalink.
Yikes – not just the hammer, but The Vision?
Let that be a lesson to all things-messers.
Commendable security measures, Reverend. I can only offer you the services of my own crack team of security agents.
Sounds like the work of Razor and Blade….damn voodoo people!
glad to see you are back online…..
You know Peter,
I think that is what the edtech world is missing at this very moment, rollerblades. I’m gonna go out and get me a pair this weekend, for I firmly believe that with roller blades I can truly beat the hackerz at their own game. Good call!
Rev….how about a blade server on blades? You can’t hack what you can’t catch! =)
Is this what happens when we have lunch together?
I will never ever mess with the bava!
This is what happens when I pay 🙂
I know that you won;t, I just know it, because nobody messes with the bava, NOBODY!!! (And that ain’t talking about some injun in Dead Man, mind you :))
INT – A LARGE HALL IN AN OLD CASTLE – NIGHT
Andy creeps through the hall in near total blackness. Thin, wide flat beams of light shine through the outline of a doorway up ahead, illuminating half his frightened face. The old wooden floor creaks underfoot with every step.
We see a close up of Andy’s face, filled with terror. Half in darkness, half in light.
BOOMING DISEMBODIED VOICE
The … bava … hammeerrrrr!!!
Screams echo out from somewhere behind the door.
This sounds like one of Bava’s films, “Kill, Baby…Kill!” I think I need to come to China and we need to sit down and makes some films together. Why not? The kung-fu bava-remakes are prime for the picking.
Jim, is it true that “the hippies” are to blame for the hack? Do we know anything more at this point?
I have the camera … I have the warped mind. I have the scripts (mainly comic books scripts, I know).
I think it’s time for some short vids.
el oh el, dead, and more dead.
This is just more proof that you and my husband occupy the same nerdiverse. He has the same two bobbleheads–plus Iron Man (Mark I Armor)–keeping watch in his office, and Captain America in the living room.
You see he is cooler than me because he has Iron Man. I didn’t get that one. You see, I’ve always had a crush on the Scarlet Witch, and by extension thought the Vision was the coolest super hero for being her partner (not to mention his de-materializing and re-materializing powers) and hence when I saw him I couldn’t resist. Thor was just a shout out to all the Aryan vikings on the web 🙂
Pingback: New Economy of Knowledge (Commons) Lecture | Media Forms