Watch the bava blog trailer!
is an ongoing conversation about media of all kinds ...
Generations from now, they won't call it the Internet anymore. They'll just say, "I logged on to the Jim Groom this morning.
Everything Jim Groom touches is gold. He's like King Midas, but with the Internet.
My understanding is that an essential requirement of the internet is to do whatever Jim Groom asks of you while you're online.
-James D. Calder
@jimgroom is the Billy Martin of edtech.
My 3yr old son is VERY intrigued by @jimgroom's avatar. "Is he a superhero?" "Well, yes, son, to many he is."
Jim Groom is a fiery man.
-Antonella Dalla Torre
“Reverend” Jim “The Bava” Groom, alias “Snake Pliskin” is a charlatan and a fraud, a self-confessed “used car salesman” clawing his way into the glamour of the education technology keynote circuit via the efforts of his oppressed minions at the University of Mary Washington’s DTLT and beyond. The monster behind educational time-sink ds106 and still recovering from his bid for hipster stardom with “Edupunk”, Jim spends his days using his dwindling credibility to sell cheap webhosting to gullible undergraduates and getting banned from YouTube for gross piracy.
I am Jim Groom
Find out more about me here.
- Helping to Save a Donkey Kong Junior on
- Chatting DoOO, Open Source, and More with Ed Beck on
- Yie Ar Kung-Fu GIFs on
- Exidy 440 Dev Kit on Cheyenne on
- Scramble Project: Cut the base! on
- And then there were 29… on
- Some Classic Arcade GIFs on
- Re-visiting How we Work at Reclaim on
- Thinking about how we work at Reclaim on
- A loaf of bread, a container of milk, and a stick of butter on
- Learning from Reclaim Cloud’s Ghost Installer on
- Ghosting WordPress on
- Ghosting WordPress on
- Migrating Ghost from Community Image to Docker Engine Installer on Reclaim Cloud on
- Spinning Up a Ghost Docker Container in Reclaim Cloud on
- bavacade To-Do List, Part 1
- Chatting DoOO, Open Source, and More with Ed Beck
- Re-visiting How we Work at Reclaim
- And then there were 29…
- Copying Files between Environments in Reclaim Cloud
- Learning from Reclaim Cloud’s Ghost Installer
- Ghosting WordPress
- 9 Years of Reclaim Hosting
- Bavacade Update: G07 Capkit, Condor PCB, and Cheyenne Audio
- WordPress Multi-Region: Is the Third Time a Charm?
browse the bavarchive
Category Archives: The Daily Create
Much more symmetrical than EDUPUNK 🙂 Anto took this one under the light, and I wish I would have thought of this as early as the great Linda McKenna (her’s is much better www.flickr.com/photos/64905600@N05/6863282351/) because I would have shaved my … Continue reading
I was not having an easy go with today’s Daily Create which is to take a picture of confusion, but in the midnight hour Anto reminded me of my idea to confuse some characters in my son Miles’ lego collection. … Continue reading
Create a photograph that represents the happiest or most memorable moment in your life. This is a photo I took back in May of 2011. I chose it for today’s Daily Create because it represents the fundamental shift my life … Continue reading
TDC030: The shelves in the Manden, a photo by snakepliskens on Flickr. Today’s assignment: “Share an image of a place that you lose things in your house.” tdc.ds106.us/tdc030/ I spend a lot of time sorting through the bookshelves in the … Continue reading
69, a photo by snakepliskens on Flickr. The Daily Create: “Make a photo of something upside down that is never seen that way” tdc.ds106.us/tdc29/ I used the cover of The Magnetic Fields’ “69 Love Songs” album to picture a number … Continue reading
It was a dark, winter night…, a photo by snakepliskens on Flickr. Via Flickr: The Daily Create #24″Make a creative photo silhouette by aiming the camera into a bright light.“
Blood Relations, a photo by snakepliskens on Flickr. Via Flickr:“Like father like son like hell.” Toay’s Daily Create: Take a photo of two related objects of drastically different sizes. I love the image Antonella took of me and Tommaso, our … Continue reading
Today’s Daily Create asks that you record a quick video of yourself doing an update that includes the date, time, weather, and a rating for the day. Scott Lockman has been doing these for what seems like months, and they … Continue reading