I had problems with the live stream of class this evening—the Mac machine we run the Wirecast setup we stream from refused to boot—so as a backup Daniel Zimmerman was kind enough to record the session for anyone interested with a flip cam we had laying around.
As a supplement to this, below are a list of the videos we watched during class. They are cribbed from Alan Levine’s awesome resource for video in ds106 over the last two weeks here. Additionally, I asked everyone to watch the four parts of Kirby Ferguson’s Everything’s a Remix when they get a chance and blog about it. Tag it everthingremix
Videos watched during this class session:
- Risky Mermaid Example of a Trailer Mashup done by UMW student Serena Epstein
- Buffy vs Edward: Twilight Remixed – two different sources re-edited to be coherent story
- Scary Mary (recut movie trailer – family movie reversed to Horror)
- The Shining Recut (recut movie trailer – horror movie reversed to be love story)
- Raiders of the Lost Archive Shot-by-shot comparison of “Raiders of the Lost Ark” vs. scenes from 30 different adventure films made between 1919-1973.
- Hitler Downfall DMCA Takedown – retelling via captioning
- Sweded Films – low/no budget remakes of hollywood films
- Literal Video Versions – music videos form literal interpretation of lyrics
- A Fair(y) Use Tale recut of Disney films to explain copyright.