Watch the bava blog trailer!
is an ongoing conversation about media of all kinds ...
Generations from now, they won't call it the Internet anymore. They'll just say, "I logged on to the Jim Groom this morning.
Everything Jim Groom touches is gold. He's like King Midas, but with the Internet.
My understanding is that an essential requirement of the internet is to do whatever Jim Groom asks of you while you're online.
-James D. Calder
@jimgroom is the Billy Martin of edtech.
My 3yr old son is VERY intrigued by @jimgroom's avatar. "Is he a superhero?" "Well, yes, son, to many he is."
Jim Groom is a fiery man.
-Antonella Dalla Torre
“Reverend” Jim “The Bava” Groom, alias “Snake Pliskin” is a charlatan and a fraud, a self-confessed “used car salesman” clawing his way into the glamour of the education technology keynote circuit via the efforts of his oppressed minions at the University of Mary Washington’s DTLT and beyond. The monster behind educational time-sink ds106 and still recovering from his bid for hipster stardom with “Edupunk”, Jim spends his days using his dwindling credibility to sell cheap webhosting to gullible undergraduates and getting banned from YouTube for gross piracy.
I am Jim Groom
Find out more about me here.
- Eric Likness on Reclaim Open’s Unconference
- Tom on Reclaim Open’s Unconference
- Claire Davies on Bello Yellow Pac-man
- bavacade work log 3-28-2023 | bavatuesdays on Bello Yellow Pac-man
- Leading with the Art | bavatuesdays on The Art of OERxDomains21
- Reverend on Bello Yellow Pac-man
- Eric Likness on Bello Yellow Pac-man
- Bello Yellow Pac-man | bavatuesdays on Dig Dug on Wheels!
- Reverend on Dig Dug on Wheels!
- Eric Likness on Dig Dug on Wheels!
- Dig Dug on Wheels! | bavatuesdays on Venture is up and running!
- Anne-Marie on So Your iPhone was Stolen in Milan
- Venture is up and running! | bavatuesdays on bavacade work log 2-9-2023
- Jim Grooom on So Your iPhone was Stolen in Milan
- Jim Groom on So Your iPhone was Stolen in Milan
browse the bavarchive
- Alan Levine
- Andy Rush
- Audrey Watters
- Bonnie Stewart
- Brian Lamb
- Bryan Alexander
- Chris Lott
- Clint LaLonde
- Cole Camplese
- Darcy Norman
- David Kernohan
- David Wiley
- Gardner Campbell
- GNA Garcia
- Grant Potter
- Jeffrey Keefer
- Jon Beasley-Murray
- Jon Udell
- Kate Bowles
- Kin Lane
- Laura Blankenship
- Leslie Madsen-Brooks
- Lisa M Lane
- Martha Burtis
- Martin Hawksey
- Martin Weller
- Mike Caulfield
- Mikhail Gershovich
- Paul Bond
- Scott Leslie
- Serena Epstein
- Shannon Hauser
- Stephen Downes
- The OLDaily
- Tim Owens
- Tom Woodward
- Tony Hirst
Tag Archives: tales from the teaching crypt
Tales from the Teaching Crypt: American Film Genres syllabus from Summer 2000
From another lifetime, here is class I taught at SUNY Old Westbury that was a total blast. A recent post on Film Noirs inspired me to start putting my old syllabi on bavawiki in order to begin archiving and making … Continue reading
Posted in film, film noir, films, movies Tagged american studies, blaxploitation, genre, horror, syllabi, tales from the teaching crypt, teaching, world war II 10 Comments
Tales from the Teaching Crypt: Discipline and Punish
OK, so last night’s class was so inspiring (a.k.a. sick) that I thought I would blog about it right quick. I have been leaving traces of some of the resources I have been finding on YouTube, and alluding to some … Continue reading
Posted in WordPress Tagged american studies, early american literature, mediawiki, tales from the teaching crypt, teaching 14 Comments