Seems like the Cog Dog and teachinghacks.com having been doing a little sharing about their WordPress plugins, which I find extremely useful -so thanks. I have been talking a bit lately about some of the plugins I have recently discovered here, here, and here -but the following list is a quick and dirty look at what’s beneath the hood of bavatuesdays:
- 404 Notifier 1.0: This plugin will log 404 hits on your site and can notify you via e-mail or you can subscribe to the generated RSS feed of 404 events. Adjust your settings here. By Alex King.
- Aggregate 1.0: Allows you to place the contents of an RSS feed into your posts. By Rob Miller.
- Articles 1.1: Display posts in an â€˜Articlesâ€™ list. To include a post in the list, add a custom field to the post: â€˜articleâ€™ = â€˜1â€². By Alex King.
- BDP RSS Aggregator 0.4.10 (test): RSS Aggregator – collate RSS feeds and summarise to a page – updates regularly without the need for cron. By Bryan Palmer.
- Code Markup 1.1.1:: A filter that displays code blocks nicely while still allowing formatting. By Bennett McElwee.
- Exec-PHP 3.0:: Allows php code tags inside the content or excerpt of your posts and pages to be executed just as in usual PHP files. By SÃ¶ren Weber.
- Netflix 2.1 :Displays info from your Netflix account. This includes text and images via RSS feed. By Albert Banks.
- Optimal Plugin (formerly, OPML Renderer) : Renders valid OPML from any source as an expandable/collapsible list. By Dan MacTough.
- podPress: The podPress plugin gives you everything you need in one easy plugin to use WordPress for Podcasting. Set it up in â€˜podPressâ€™->Feed/iTunes Settings. By Dan Kuykendall (Seek3r).
- Share This: Let your visitors share a post/page with others. Supports e-mail and posting to social bookmarking sites. Thanks to Thomas McMahon for footwork on the URLs. By Alex King.
- Spam Karma 2: Reloaded: The only spam filter for WordPress. Period.
- Viper’s Video Quicktags:: Creates quicktags for embedding various video types, including those hosted at YouTube and Google Video, into WordPress. Uses the ButtonSnap class by Owen Winkler. By Viper007Bond.
- Wikipedia Link 0.1: With this plugin, you can link to Wikipedia entries just like within Wikipedia by simply enclosing the word you want to link with in double brackets. By Andreas Krennmair.
- WordPress Database Backup:: On-demand backup of your WordPress database. By Scott Merrill.
- WordPress Mobile Edition 2.0: Show a mobile view of the post/page if the visitor is on a known mobile device. By Alex King.
- WP-FLV 0.2: This plugin eases insertion of Jeroen Wijerings FLV Video Player By Roel Meurders. (PodPress does play FLVs, but this is still the slickest and most solid FLV player for WordPress)
- Brian’s Latest Comments 1.5.10: This shows an overview of the recently active articles and the last people to comment on them. By Brian Meidell.
How about you? -what plugins do you keep in your backend?
Hi It seems as though spam karma for mu was taken off. But searching for a solution I came across Trubar. http://mnogo.truden.com/archives/151.html
One commenter said it’s not code it’s logic. You need to hack the:
wp-comments-post . php (root directory)
wp-login . php (root directory)
comments . php (theme directory)
And for that reason I am not sure if it will work in Mu.
I’m actually using Spam karma for MU, where did you read it was taken off? What I do is install it as a regular plugin and activate it throughout the environment every so often to keep the evil spammers at bay. You might also look into Akismet and Bad Behavior. i haven’t heard of Trubar, but I’ll be sure to check it out.
If you go to this link for Spam Karma 2 for WPMU
and then go to the download link http://wpmudev.org/project/Spam-Karma-2-for-WPMU
I downloaded to standard wordpress plugin in the mean time.
You said: I install it as a regular plugin and activate it throughout the environment every so often.
Does this means that you upload it to plugins and not mu-plugins.
And when you said: activate it throughout the environment….I am not sure what you mean as I am not yet there ;-(
Thanks for your response.
Hi Got it. I downloaded it to plugins and everyone can activate it on their blogs. Thanks Johan