Seems like the Cog Dog and teachinghacks.com having been doing a little sharing about their WordPress plugins, which I find extremely useful -so thanks. I have been talking a bit lately about some of the plugins I have recently discovered here, here, and here -but the following list is a quick and dirty look at what’s beneath the hood of bavatuesdays:
- 404 Notifier 1.0: This plugin will log 404 hits on your site and can notify you via e-mail or you can subscribe to the generated RSS feed of 404 events. Adjust your settings here. By Alex King.
- Aggregate 1.0: Allows you to place the contents of an RSS feed into your posts. By Rob Miller.
- Articles 1.1: Display posts in an â€˜Articlesâ€™ list. To include a post in the list, add a custom field to the post: â€˜articleâ€™ = â€˜1â€². By Alex King.
- BDP RSS Aggregator 0.4.10 (test): RSS Aggregator – collate RSS feeds and summarise to a page – updates regularly without the need for cron. By Bryan Palmer.
- Code Markup 1.1.1:: A filter that displays code blocks nicely while still allowing formatting. By Bennett McElwee.
- Exec-PHP 3.0:: Allows php code tags inside the content or excerpt of your posts and pages to be executed just as in usual PHP files. By SÃ¶ren Weber.
- Netflix 2.1 :Displays info from your Netflix account. This includes text and images via RSS feed. By Albert Banks.
- Optimal Plugin (formerly, OPML Renderer) : Renders valid OPML from any source as an expandable/collapsible list. By Dan MacTough.
- podPress: The podPress plugin gives you everything you need in one easy plugin to use WordPress for Podcasting. Set it up in â€˜podPressâ€™->Feed/iTunes Settings. By Dan Kuykendall (Seek3r).
- Share This: Let your visitors share a post/page with others. Supports e-mail and posting to social bookmarking sites. Thanks to Thomas McMahon for footwork on the URLs. By Alex King.
- Spam Karma 2: Reloaded: The only spam filter for WordPress. Period.
- Viper’s Video Quicktags:: Creates quicktags for embedding various video types, including those hosted at YouTube and Google Video, into WordPress. Uses the ButtonSnap class by Owen Winkler. By Viper007Bond.
- Wikipedia Link 0.1: With this plugin, you can link to Wikipedia entries just like within Wikipedia by simply enclosing the word you want to link with in double brackets. By Andreas Krennmair.
- WordPress Database Backup:: On-demand backup of your WordPress database. By Scott Merrill.
- WordPress Mobile Edition 2.0: Show a mobile view of the post/page if the visitor is on a known mobile device. By Alex King.
- WP-FLV 0.2: This plugin eases insertion of Jeroen Wijerings FLV Video Player By Roel Meurders. (PodPress does play FLVs, but this is still the slickest and most solid FLV player for WordPress)
- Brian’s Latest Comments 1.5.10: This shows an overview of the recently active articles and the last people to comment on them. By Brian Meidell.
How about you? -what plugins do you keep in your backend?