It’s been such a crazy month and a half that I have yet to announce some exciting news: the Domains conference will be happening in 2021. What’s more, it will be a joint event alongside the good folks that run my favorite annual conference OER. It’s been framed as OERxDomains, and I like that. The X suggest the power of two when forces are combined, not unlike the Wonder Twins of edtech conferences!
Shape of an awesome online edtech penguin conference, form of a bucket of water to throw on the virus!
The theme of this year’s event is all about Reclaiming the Joy of etech, and the themes provide a broad vistas for folks to share their work, ideas, and dreams:
- Theme 1: Openness, care, and joy in the times of pandemic;
- Theme 2: Open Education responses to surveillance technologies and data ownership in education;
- Theme 3: Open in Action: open teaching, educational practices and resources, how you might be using Domains and other tools;
- Theme 4: Shifts in agency and creativity as empowerment of learners and educators;
- Theme 5: Open Source Tools: infrastructure, cloud environments, targeted teaching tools
You can read more at the official call for papers page, and here’s to hoping you can join us. So, to that end, submit a proposal and save the date because on April 21st and 22nd the fists connect and new shapes and forms will emerge…I pinky promise 🙂