Watch the bava blog trailer!
is an ongoing conversation about media of all kinds ...
Generations from now, they won't call it the Internet anymore. They'll just say, "I logged on to the Jim Groom this morning.
Everything Jim Groom touches is gold. He's like King Midas, but with the Internet.
My understanding is that an essential requirement of the internet is to do whatever Jim Groom asks of you while you're online.
-James D. Calder
@jimgroom is the Billy Martin of edtech.
My 3yr old son is VERY intrigued by @jimgroom's avatar. "Is he a superhero?" "Well, yes, son, to many he is."
Jim Groom is a fiery man.
-Antonella Dalla Torre
“Reverend” Jim “The Bava” Groom, alias “Snake Pliskin” is a charlatan and a fraud, a self-confessed “used car salesman” clawing his way into the glamour of the education technology keynote circuit via the efforts of his oppressed minions at the University of Mary Washington’s DTLT and beyond. The monster behind educational time-sink ds106 and still recovering from his bid for hipster stardom with “Edupunk”, Jim spends his days using his dwindling credibility to sell cheap webhosting to gullible undergraduates and getting banned from YouTube for gross piracy.
I am Jim Groom
Find out more about me here.
- bavacade To-Do List, Part 1 on
- Helping to Save a Donkey Kong Junior on
- Chatting DoOO, Open Source, and More with Ed Beck on
- Yie Ar Kung-Fu GIFs on
- Exidy 440 Dev Kit on Cheyenne on
- Scramble Project: Cut the base! on
- And then there were 29… on
- Some Classic Arcade GIFs on
- Re-visiting How we Work at Reclaim on
- Thinking about how we work at Reclaim on
- A loaf of bread, a container of milk, and a stick of butter on
- Learning from Reclaim Cloud’s Ghost Installer on
- Ghosting WordPress on
- Ghosting WordPress on
- Migrating Ghost from Community Image to Docker Engine Installer on Reclaim Cloud on
- Vinylcast #54: The Pogues’ Red Roses for Me
- bavacade repair log 10-3-2022
- bavacade To-Do List, Part 1
- Chatting DoOO, Open Source, and More with Ed Beck
- Re-visiting How we Work at Reclaim
- And then there were 29…
- Copying Files between Environments in Reclaim Cloud
- Learning from Reclaim Cloud’s Ghost Installer
- Ghosting WordPress
- 9 Years of Reclaim Hosting
browse the bavarchive
Tag Archives: dsmayday
Just so happens this is the 1500th post on this blog. Long live the bava!
I have dreamed of doing this scene from Hitchcock’s The Birds as an animated GIF for a very long time, and now it is done (though don’t ask me about the size!).
Tried some fuzzy tool effects to mask silhouettes in GIMP with mixed results. This animated GIF of Pike in a stand off with the Gorch brothers didn’t come out exactly the way I wanted. That said, I liked the background … Continue reading
This is a classic scene from The Wild Bunch, and while Edmund O’Brien isn’t all that pretty in this film, he is awesome as the “old goat” tag along who epitomizes the hard life of a bandit past his prime. … Continue reading
Playing with masks in GIMP a bit more via the great Ernest Borgnine, I am loving this! Version 1: Version 2: And here is the audio: Walk softly boys
Povero Angelito, the very cool looking Don Josè had to break the bad news in the most painful of ways: emphatically. Bonus: Hear the awesome Don Josè (Chano Urueta) break the of news of his father’s death and Teresa’s betrayal … Continue reading
One of my favorite subtexts running throughout The Wild Bunch is the constant framing of the children in this film as part and parcel of the world’s violence. They grow up in it, they learn it, they love it. It … Continue reading
Going on a The Wild Bunch animated GIF and ds106radio spree, and this gets it all started, a little Bo Hopkins ready for the kill.