Watch the bava blog trailer!
is an ongoing conversation about media of all kinds ...
Generations from now, they won't call it the Internet anymore. They'll just say, "I logged on to the Jim Groom this morning.
Everything Jim Groom touches is gold. He's like King Midas, but with the Internet.
My understanding is that an essential requirement of the internet is to do whatever Jim Groom asks of you while you're online.
-James D. Calder
@jimgroom is the Billy Martin of edtech.
My 3yr old son is VERY intrigued by @jimgroom's avatar. "Is he a superhero?" "Well, yes, son, to many he is."
Jim Groom is a fiery man.
-Antonella Dalla Torre
“Reverend” Jim “The Bava” Groom, alias “Snake Pliskin” is a charlatan and a fraud, a self-confessed “used car salesman” clawing his way into the glamour of the education technology keynote circuit via the efforts of his oppressed minions at the University of Mary Washington’s DTLT and beyond. The monster behind educational time-sink ds106 and still recovering from his bid for hipster stardom with “Edupunk”, Jim spends his days using his dwindling credibility to sell cheap webhosting to gullible undergraduates and getting banned from YouTube for gross piracy.
I am Jim Groom
Find out more about me here.
- bavacade To-Do List, Part 1 on
- Helping to Save a Donkey Kong Junior on
- Chatting DoOO, Open Source, and More with Ed Beck on
- Yie Ar Kung-Fu GIFs on
- Exidy 440 Dev Kit on Cheyenne on
- Scramble Project: Cut the base! on
- And then there were 29… on
- Some Classic Arcade GIFs on
- Re-visiting How we Work at Reclaim on
- Thinking about how we work at Reclaim on
- A loaf of bread, a container of milk, and a stick of butter on
- Learning from Reclaim Cloud’s Ghost Installer on
- Ghosting WordPress on
- Ghosting WordPress on
- Migrating Ghost from Community Image to Docker Engine Installer on Reclaim Cloud on
- Vinylcast #54: The Pogues’ Red Roses for Me
- bavacade repair log 10-3-2022
- bavacade To-Do List, Part 1
- Chatting DoOO, Open Source, and More with Ed Beck
- Re-visiting How we Work at Reclaim
- And then there were 29…
- Copying Files between Environments in Reclaim Cloud
- Learning from Reclaim Cloud’s Ghost Installer
- Ghosting WordPress
- 9 Years of Reclaim Hosting
browse the bavarchive
Tag Archives: MySQL
In fact, the full error I received when trying to upgrade my WordPress instance running on Centos 7 in a Digital Ocean droplet was the following: Your PHP installation appears to be missing the MySQL extension which is required by … Continue reading
OK, so this will probably be the final installment of my “pimp your WPMu databases” series 🙂 Part one was moving from WPMuDEV’s Multi-DB package to SharDB; part two dealt with optimizing tables across a number of databases in MySQL, … Continue reading
And to build on my last post about Moving from Multi-DB to SharDB on WPMu, here is a rundown on some of the work done to further optimize the multiple-databases for our WPMu at UMW Blogs. First off, we have … Continue reading
Sooner or later we had to do it on UMW Blogs, and over a week ago we made the jump to a multi-database setup for our WordPress Multi-User environment. We have a subscription to the WPMu Dev Premium service, which … Continue reading
I recently discovered an open source project management tool, activeCollab, from Brian Lamb’s del.icio.us feed. As usual, when I follow a breadcrumb at Abject Learning I am not disappointed. UMW’s Department of Information technology has been using Basecamp sporadically for … Continue reading