To stick to a theme, check out Tenacious D’s anti-piracy video featuring Jack Black.
Watch the bava blog trailer!
is an ongoing conversation about media of all kinds ...
Generations from now, they won't call it the Internet anymore. They'll just say, "I logged on to the Jim Groom this morning.
Everything Jim Groom touches is gold. He's like King Midas, but with the Internet.
My understanding is that an essential requirement of the internet is to do whatever Jim Groom asks of you while you're online.
-James D. Calder
@jimgroom is the Billy Martin of edtech.
My 3yr old son is VERY intrigued by @jimgroom's avatar. "Is he a superhero?" "Well, yes, son, to many he is."
Jim Groom is a fiery man.
-Antonella Dalla Torre
“Reverend” Jim “The Bava” Groom, alias “Snake Pliskin” is a charlatan and a fraud, a self-confessed “used car salesman” clawing his way into the glamour of the education technology keynote circuit via the efforts of his oppressed minions at the University of Mary Washington’s DTLT and beyond. The monster behind educational time-sink ds106 and still recovering from his bid for hipster stardom with “Edupunk”, Jim spends his days using his dwindling credibility to sell cheap webhosting to gullible undergraduates and getting banned from YouTube for gross piracy.
I am Jim Groom
Find out more about me here.
- Tim Owens on Reclaim Karaoke at the Rockaway Club
- Meredith on Child Bride (1938)
- Anne-Marie Scott on Reclaim Karaoke at the Rockaway Club
- Reclaim Karaoke at the Rockaway Club | bavatuesdays on The Boy Who Streamed Too Much
- Reclaim Karaoke at the Rockaway Club | bavatuesdays on Reclaim Karaoke: Testing 1,2,3
- Reclaim Karaoke at the Rockaway Club | bavatuesdays on Friday Night Karaoke at OERcamp.global
- Reclaim Karaoke at the Rockaway Club | bavatuesdays on Summer Summit 2020 KaraOERke Setup Update
- Reclaim Karaoke at the Rockaway Club | bavatuesdays on YouTube, Copyright, and the ongoing Claims on our Culture
- Reclaim Karaoke at the Rockaway Club | bavatuesdays on Karaoke Fridays on #ds106radio
- The Joy of Web Improbability: The Buggles on/in front of #DS106 TV – CogDogBlog on ds106zone Week 4: Video Killed the Radio Star
- David Schlaefer on Day 29: Navarone Playset
- The Boy Who Streamed Too Much | bavatuesdays on OBS Ninja
- The Boy Who Streamed Too Much | bavatuesdays on Diabolik: a Cultural Revolution Comic on Film
- The Boy Who Streamed Too Much | bavatuesdays on The Evil Eye
- The Boy Who Streamed Too Much | bavatuesdays on Reclaim Karaoke: Testing 1,2,3
- Reclaim Karaoke at the Rockaway Club
- Metaphor’s in the Water, You Go in the Water
- The Boy Who Streamed Too Much
- Reclaim Karaoke: Testing 1,2,3
- Reclaim Karaoke Test on ds106radio
- Presenting Reclaim Cloud at OER23
- The Allure of Mastodon
- Creating a Domain Alias for Mastodon Files Served through DigitalOcean Spaces
- Moving Mastodon Object Storage from AWS S3 to DigitalOcean Spaces
- Mastodon Version Updates, Object Storage Security, and More
browse the bavarchive
- Alan Levine
- Andy Rush
- Audrey Watters
- Bonnie Stewart
- Brian Lamb
- Bryan Alexander
- Chris Lott
- Clint LaLonde
- Cole Camplese
- Darcy Norman
- David Kernohan
- David Wiley
- Gardner Campbell
- GNA Garcia
- Grant Potter
- Jeffrey Keefer
- Jon Beasley-Murray
- Jon Udell
- Kate Bowles
- Kin Lane
- Laura Blankenship
- Leslie Madsen-Brooks
- Lisa M Lane
- Martha Burtis
- Martin Hawksey
- Martin Weller
- Mike Caulfield
- Mikhail Gershovich
- Paul Bond
- Scott Leslie
- Serena Epstein
- Shannon Hauser
- Stephen Downes
- The OLDaily
- Tim Owens
- Tom Woodward
- Tony Hirst
Arrrrrr! Pirates built Jack Black and rained riches down upon him.
Don’t be a douche, Jack Black! Figure out how the word was spread that allowed you to thrive and go rich in rocket sauce.
(great name, you should be a pirate).
Leave collaboration with MPAA and RIAA behind. You have nothing to lose but your chains to old models of doing business. Join us in on the internets sea where knowledge, access, and pirate souls long to be free.
thing is, record labels F artists over, and they take it, it’s called capitalism, if you’re competing for a chance to get F’d in the A in the hopes that the record companies will sign you then, have fun with that, no actually, I’m glad that people are stealing music online, because it’s hard enough getting decent music at the store anyway, sanity music here in Australia have actually taken away the rock music section, I was already annoyed when they put metal and rock together in one section, now if a CD is lucky enough to actually make it on the shelf, it’s mixed in with n*sync and the presidents of the USA and nirvana and the pet shop boys, what do those bands have in common, ABSOLUTELY NOTHING! So in the absense of any real choice, I’m stealing music, sure I could’ve bought it from an online store, but steal it for free central is right there! Here’s the thing though, we’re in a transition right now, I don’t feal guilty stealing music because I know that if I had bought it, the band in question would only get 50 cents, and would still wind up in debt to the label, so eventually when artists free themselves from labels and all music is distributed independantly online, then I’ll probably pay for it, because I would actually feal guilty if I denied that band their income when they’re the direct recipient of the money, and you know what, it wouldn’t matter if the market was flooded and there was ten times as much musical choice available, because even if people like britney spears only got 10% the sales they used to get, at $5 a pop instead of 50 cents, you make the same money anyway, so just waiting for people to wake up basically and tell the labels to go F themselves
lol @ people not getting that this is a joke