Watch the bava blog trailer!
is an ongoing conversation about media of all kinds ...
Generations from now, they won't call it the Internet anymore. They'll just say, "I logged on to the Jim Groom this morning.
Everything Jim Groom touches is gold. He's like King Midas, but with the Internet.
My understanding is that an essential requirement of the internet is to do whatever Jim Groom asks of you while you're online.
-James D. Calder
@jimgroom is the Billy Martin of edtech.
My 3yr old son is VERY intrigued by @jimgroom's avatar. "Is he a superhero?" "Well, yes, son, to many he is."
Jim Groom is a fiery man.
-Antonella Dalla Torre
“Reverend” Jim “The Bava” Groom, alias “Snake Pliskin” is a charlatan and a fraud, a self-confessed “used car salesman” clawing his way into the glamour of the education technology keynote circuit via the efforts of his oppressed minions at the University of Mary Washington’s DTLT and beyond. The monster behind educational time-sink ds106 and still recovering from his bid for hipster stardom with “Edupunk”, Jim spends his days using his dwindling credibility to sell cheap webhosting to gullible undergraduates and getting banned from YouTube for gross piracy.
I am Jim Groom
Find out more about me here.
- Helping to Save a Donkey Kong Junior on
- Chatting DoOO, Open Source, and More with Ed Beck on
- Yie Ar Kung-Fu GIFs on
- Exidy 440 Dev Kit on Cheyenne on
- Scramble Project: Cut the base! on
- And then there were 29… on
- Some Classic Arcade GIFs on
- Re-visiting How we Work at Reclaim on
- Thinking about how we work at Reclaim on
- A loaf of bread, a container of milk, and a stick of butter on
- Learning from Reclaim Cloud’s Ghost Installer on
- Ghosting WordPress on
- Ghosting WordPress on
- Migrating Ghost from Community Image to Docker Engine Installer on Reclaim Cloud on
- Spinning Up a Ghost Docker Container in Reclaim Cloud on
- bavacade To-Do List, Part 1
- Chatting DoOO, Open Source, and More with Ed Beck
- Re-visiting How we Work at Reclaim
- And then there were 29…
- Copying Files between Environments in Reclaim Cloud
- Learning from Reclaim Cloud’s Ghost Installer
- Ghosting WordPress
- 9 Years of Reclaim Hosting
- Bavacade Update: G07 Capkit, Condor PCB, and Cheyenne Audio
- WordPress Multi-Region: Is the Third Time a Charm?
browse the bavarchive
Tag Archives: c64
This is post number 3400 on the bava, which is something. The blog turns 15 years old in December, and I hope to hit 3500 by then, making it a clean 233.3333 posts per year for the last 15 years. … Continue reading
Yesterday’s Daily Create C64 Yourself was a treat. The idea, run a picture of yourself through the C64 image generator. This was particularly fun for me because I have been on a real life C64 bender. In fact, we recently … Continue reading
One of my favorite C64 games from “back in the day” was Datasoft’s Conan: Hall of Volta (1984). I went looking for it as soon as I got my ZoomFloppy up and running, and it was as good as I remembered. But … Continue reading
I spent many hours in my last two c128 posts trying to contextualize, link, and explain in detail the difference between two hardware devices I recently purchased, namely the ZoomFloppy and the uIEC/SD drive. While I erratically surf the web looking … Continue reading
I’ve been playing pretty steadily with my C128 setup, and I’m finding it’s a really consuming diversion. I’m working through some ideas for another exhibit along the lines of the UMW Console, and the C64 games are keeping my retro play quota … Continue reading