Watch the bava blog trailer!
is an ongoing conversation about media of all kinds ...
Generations from now, they won't call it the Internet anymore. They'll just say, "I logged on to the Jim Groom this morning.
Everything Jim Groom touches is gold. He's like King Midas, but with the Internet.
My understanding is that an essential requirement of the internet is to do whatever Jim Groom asks of you while you're online.
-James D. Calder
@jimgroom is the Billy Martin of edtech.
My 3yr old son is VERY intrigued by @jimgroom's avatar. "Is he a superhero?" "Well, yes, son, to many he is."
Jim Groom is a fiery man.
-Antonella Dalla Torre
“Reverend” Jim “The Bava” Groom, alias “Snake Pliskin” is a charlatan and a fraud, a self-confessed “used car salesman” clawing his way into the glamour of the education technology keynote circuit via the efforts of his oppressed minions at the University of Mary Washington’s DTLT and beyond. The monster behind educational time-sink ds106 and still recovering from his bid for hipster stardom with “Edupunk”, Jim spends his days using his dwindling credibility to sell cheap webhosting to gullible undergraduates and getting banned from YouTube for gross piracy.
I am Jim Groom
Find out more about me here.
- Helping to Save a Donkey Kong Junior on
- Chatting DoOO, Open Source, and More with Ed Beck on
- Yie Ar Kung-Fu GIFs on
- Exidy 440 Dev Kit on Cheyenne on
- Scramble Project: Cut the base! on
- And then there were 29… on
- Some Classic Arcade GIFs on
- Re-visiting How we Work at Reclaim on
- Thinking about how we work at Reclaim on
- A loaf of bread, a container of milk, and a stick of butter on
- Learning from Reclaim Cloud’s Ghost Installer on
- Ghosting WordPress on
- Ghosting WordPress on
- Migrating Ghost from Community Image to Docker Engine Installer on Reclaim Cloud on
- Spinning Up a Ghost Docker Container in Reclaim Cloud on
- bavacade To-Do List, Part 1
- Chatting DoOO, Open Source, and More with Ed Beck
- Re-visiting How we Work at Reclaim
- And then there were 29…
- Copying Files between Environments in Reclaim Cloud
- Learning from Reclaim Cloud’s Ghost Installer
- Ghosting WordPress
- 9 Years of Reclaim Hosting
- Bavacade Update: G07 Capkit, Condor PCB, and Cheyenne Audio
- WordPress Multi-Region: Is the Third Time a Charm?
browse the bavarchive
Tag Archives: twid
Alan Levine, ds106 alum Andrew Allingham, and myself talk with Ben Rimes, Giulia Forsythe, and Zack Dowell (aka Noise Professor) about the Daily Creates and Visual Assignments featured thus far. Below are links to featured visual assignments: http://delicious.com/stacks/view/M3AzJF Links to … Continue reading
This is the video of my course section on Thursday, February 9th. We discussed Google Reader, The Daily Create, and Visual Assignments at some length.
In Tuesday’s face-to-face class at UMW I had the good fortune of Alan Levine presenting to my students in the flesh. I have to take a moment here to recognize how much better ds106 has gotten since I started constantly … Continue reading
Alan Levine and I preview what’s to come in week three. Alan is bringing in both Kris Krug and D’Arcy Norman to talk to his class on Wednesday at 6 PM EST, and I am excited to drop the hammer … Continue reading
Almost all the students blogs in ds106 have been hacked by Enre5807, luckily we have detective Kim Droom on the job investigating the case. It is a complex case with a lot of ins and outs—but ds106 lies down for … Continue reading
Alan Levine and I preview what’s to come in week three. Alan is looking forward to some face-to-face love with his students and we are both excited about Bryan Alexander coming to chat with us this Thursday, February 2nd about … Continue reading
This afternoon I caught up with Scott Lockman to talk about the awesome work his students over at Temple University, Japan (TUJ) have been doing thus far. Over the past week one of the TUJ students submitted this Patty Pioneers … Continue reading
ds106: Gardner Campbell talks Personal Cyberinfrastructure from umwnewmedia on Vimeo. Once again this semester we were privileged to have Gardner Campbell, the inspiration for the ethos of ds106, join us via Skype to talk about everything from his essay on … Continue reading
ds106 week 2: Blog Experimenting from umwnewmedia on Vimeo. During this evening’s session of ds106 we went over some wrap up from week 1, the importance of commenting, and let everyone know it is high time they start blogging. To that … Continue reading