Watch the bava blog trailer!
is an ongoing conversation about media of all kinds ...
Generations from now, they won't call it the Internet anymore. They'll just say, "I logged on to the Jim Groom this morning.
Everything Jim Groom touches is gold. He's like King Midas, but with the Internet.
My understanding is that an essential requirement of the internet is to do whatever Jim Groom asks of you while you're online.
-James D. Calder
@jimgroom is the Billy Martin of edtech.
My 3yr old son is VERY intrigued by @jimgroom's avatar. "Is he a superhero?" "Well, yes, son, to many he is."
Jim Groom is a fiery man.
-Antonella Dalla Torre
“Reverend” Jim “The Bava” Groom, alias “Snake Pliskin” is a charlatan and a fraud, a self-confessed “used car salesman” clawing his way into the glamour of the education technology keynote circuit via the efforts of his oppressed minions at the University of Mary Washington’s DTLT and beyond. The monster behind educational time-sink ds106 and still recovering from his bid for hipster stardom with “Edupunk”, Jim spends his days using his dwindling credibility to sell cheap webhosting to gullible undergraduates and getting banned from YouTube for gross piracy.
I am Jim Groom
Find out more about me here.
- Venture is up and running! | bavatuesdays on bavacade work log 2-9-2023
- Jim Grooom on So Your iPhone was Stolen in Milan
- Jim Groom on So Your iPhone was Stolen in Milan
- Alan Levine on So Your iPhone was Stolen in Milan
- Anne-Marie on So Your iPhone was Stolen in Milan
- Jim Groom on Who am I Here?
- Thom on Who am I Here?
- Reverend on Who am I Here?
- Alan on Who am I Here?
- bavacade work log 2-9-2023 | bavatuesdays on Scramble Project Update: Stenciling the Side Art
- bavacade work log 2-9-2023 | bavatuesdays on bavacade’s Bitkit2 in Pac-man
- Martha on Web Building at UMW or, Why Shannon Hauser is #4life
- This Mastodon Will Explode, Session 1 | bavatuesdays on Mission Mastodon: This Server Will Explode in 90 Days
- Hacking the Pioneer DVL-909 for Multi-Region | bavatuesdays on The Other Multiregion in My Life: Pioneer DVL-909
- Chris L on Web Building at UMW or, Why Shannon Hauser is #4life
- Venture is up and running!
- It’s Father’s Day, and I want my cake!
- So Your iPhone was Stolen in Milan
- All Roads Lead Back to the Blog
- Who am I Here?
- bavacade work log 2-9-2023
- bavacade’s Bitkit2 in Pac-man
- This Mastodon Will Explode, Session 1
- Hacking the Pioneer DVL-909 for Multi-Region
- Mission Mastodon: This Server Will Explode in 90 Days
browse the bavarchive
- Alan Levine
- Andy Rush
- Audrey Watters
- Bonnie Stewart
- Brian Lamb
- Bryan Alexander
- Chris Lott
- Clint LaLonde
- Cole Camplese
- Darcy Norman
- David Kernohan
- David Wiley
- Gardner Campbell
- GNA Garcia
- Grant Potter
- Jeffrey Keefer
- Jon Beasley-Murray
- Jon Udell
- Kate Bowles
- Kin Lane
- Laura Blankenship
- Leslie Madsen-Brooks
- Lisa M Lane
- Martha Burtis
- Martin Hawksey
- Martin Weller
- Mike Caulfield
- Mikhail Gershovich
- Paul Bond
- Scott Leslie
- Serena Epstein
- Shannon Hauser
- Stephen Downes
- The OLDaily
- Tim Owens
- Tom Woodward
- Tony Hirst
Category Archives: bavarcade
And then there were 29…
The container came in…. Everything arrived safe and sound, but I have spent much of the last week unpacking, playing with retro game consoles, and doing repairs like I still run an arcade 🙂 Elevator Action‘s working fine but the … Continue reading
Bavacade Update: G07 Capkit, Condor PCB, and Cheyenne Audio
I have been working on and off on the bavacade, and I am pretty close to having every game working perfectly, that said actual perfection continues to allude me. But we need lofty goals and standards, right? -so the hunt … Continue reading
I think it is fair to call this episode the bava-bi-weekly, but I knew that would be the case given I was back in the US to close up the Reclaim Hosting offices and sort through the remnants of our … Continue reading
Robotron, Bagman, and Condor Join the bavacade
The bavaweekly was delayed a bit last week because I was busy adding a few more games to the home arcade, the post title says it all! I’ve been pretty restrained the last few months, but that couldn’t last. I’ve … Continue reading
bavacade: New Chassis for Stargate and Phoenix
I seem to be procrastinating the Gyruss multi-game high score save kit project given all the soldering required, but that is proving productive in other ways. For example, yesterday I decided to swap out monitor chassis* for both Stargate and … Continue reading
Phoenix High Score Save Kit and then some…Redemption!
A replacement CPU for the one I cracked on the Phoenix game board arrived on Monday. I was thrilled to take another “crack” at getting the high score save kit working on Phoenix so I could have both free play … Continue reading
Exidy 440 Dev Kit on Cheyenne
On Saturday I spent much of the afternoon installing the Exidy 440 Dev Kit that adds another 9 games to an existing game board, so basically all the Exidy shooting gallery games can be played on my Cheyenne cabinet, such … Continue reading
Multipede: 4-in-1 Cabinet fun!
A “cosa speciale” arrived today for the bavacade pic.twitter.com/zbGCdG0BPG — Jim Groom (@jimgroom) October 15, 2021 I’m not sure I wrote about it here yet, but back in October I picked up another arcade cabinet here in Italy, namely Millipede … Continue reading
Phoenix Bug or Easter Egg?
Last night I had a moment, and it was awesome! 227,455 – turns out the Phoenix Easter egg wherein you shoot four or five ascending birds to get 200k points + a free guy is true! #yeah! pic.twitter.com/IKwOSrqcTH — Jim … Continue reading
Phoenix Freeplay and Scramble High Score Save Kit
This week I mustered up the courage to try replacing chips on game boards and soldering sockets. This was fairly new territory for me, but I’ve been watching Tim work (as well as many Youtube videos) and taking notes, so … Continue reading