Watch the bava blog trailer!
is an ongoing conversation about media of all kinds ...
Generations from now, they won't call it the Internet anymore. They'll just say, "I logged on to the Jim Groom this morning.
Everything Jim Groom touches is gold. He's like King Midas, but with the Internet.
My understanding is that an essential requirement of the internet is to do whatever Jim Groom asks of you while you're online.
-James D. Calder
@jimgroom is the Billy Martin of edtech.
My 3yr old son is VERY intrigued by @jimgroom's avatar. "Is he a superhero?" "Well, yes, son, to many he is."
Jim Groom is a fiery man.
-Antonella Dalla Torre
“Reverend” Jim “The Bava” Groom, alias “Snake Pliskin” is a charlatan and a fraud, a self-confessed “used car salesman” clawing his way into the glamour of the education technology keynote circuit via the efforts of his oppressed minions at the University of Mary Washington’s DTLT and beyond. The monster behind educational time-sink ds106 and still recovering from his bid for hipster stardom with “Edupunk”, Jim spends his days using his dwindling credibility to sell cheap webhosting to gullible undergraduates and getting banned from YouTube for gross piracy.
I am Jim Groom
Find out more about me here.
- bavacade To-Do List, Part 1 on
- Helping to Save a Donkey Kong Junior on
- Chatting DoOO, Open Source, and More with Ed Beck on
- Yie Ar Kung-Fu GIFs on
- Exidy 440 Dev Kit on Cheyenne on
- Scramble Project: Cut the base! on
- And then there were 29… on
- Some Classic Arcade GIFs on
- Re-visiting How we Work at Reclaim on
- Thinking about how we work at Reclaim on
- A loaf of bread, a container of milk, and a stick of butter on
- Learning from Reclaim Cloud’s Ghost Installer on
- Ghosting WordPress on
- Ghosting WordPress on
- Migrating Ghost from Community Image to Docker Engine Installer on Reclaim Cloud on
- Vinylcast #54: The Pogues’ Red Roses for Me
- bavacade repair log 10-3-2022
- bavacade To-Do List, Part 1
- Chatting DoOO, Open Source, and More with Ed Beck
- Re-visiting How we Work at Reclaim
- And then there were 29…
- Copying Files between Environments in Reclaim Cloud
- Learning from Reclaim Cloud’s Ghost Installer
- Ghosting WordPress
- 9 Years of Reclaim Hosting
browse the bavarchive
Tag Archives: karaoke
I have been marrying my recent experimenting with Peertube live streaming to karaoke; two great tastes that taste great together 🙂
Just sitting here on a sunny Saturday morning listening to Sinéad O’Connor on #ds106radio broadcasting live from New Zealand, things could be a lot worse. Speaking of the radio, this week Chahira Nouira and I hosted the second Karaoke session … Continue reading
So, it’s officially scheduled, next Friday, December 10th, Chahira and I will be running Friday Night Karaoke at 8 PM UTC for the OERcamp.global Unconference. You can find the following description on the unconference programme site as well: Join Chahira … Continue reading
It felt good yesterday to jump on the bava.tv for some homegrown karaoke streaming, and this session was even done with something of a purpose. The folks at #OERCamp asked the great Tim Owens to present on Reclaim Cloud, which … Continue reading
I’m not gonna lie, I have been spending the greater part of the last few days honing my karaoke game. Turns out I can spend endless hours on the web broadcasting to a radio/tv empire with no listeners or viewers … Continue reading
This is the second #vinylcast in one week, so I must be getting into a groove these days—which is always nice. This one takes me back to the… Continue reading
I wrote about my KaraOERke setup a couple of days ago, but after some testing with my co-hosts Chahira and Tim I need to make some updates to my original setup. Seems like Zoom wins over Jitsi for video conferencing … Continue reading
As an update, turns out Zoom will work better than Jitsi in this instance, and I explain why in this follow-up post here. I spent a bit of time this afternoon getting my rig setup for the KaraOERke event that … Continue reading
Last week I did a ds106radio show highlighting some of the songs that were karaoke’d at the #OER17 after party. I had a blast that evening because I enjoy karaoke to no end, and I was able to share the … Continue reading