Watch the bava blog trailer!
is an ongoing conversation about media of all kinds ...
Generations from now, they won't call it the Internet anymore. They'll just say, "I logged on to the Jim Groom this morning.
Everything Jim Groom touches is gold. He's like King Midas, but with the Internet.
My understanding is that an essential requirement of the internet is to do whatever Jim Groom asks of you while you're online.
-James D. Calder
@jimgroom is the Billy Martin of edtech.
My 3yr old son is VERY intrigued by @jimgroom's avatar. "Is he a superhero?" "Well, yes, son, to many he is."
Jim Groom is a fiery man.
-Antonella Dalla Torre
“Reverend” Jim “The Bava” Groom, alias “Snake Pliskin” is a charlatan and a fraud, a self-confessed “used car salesman” clawing his way into the glamour of the education technology keynote circuit via the efforts of his oppressed minions at the University of Mary Washington’s DTLT and beyond. The monster behind educational time-sink ds106 and still recovering from his bid for hipster stardom with “Edupunk”, Jim spends his days using his dwindling credibility to sell cheap webhosting to gullible undergraduates and getting banned from YouTube for gross piracy.
I am Jim Groom
Find out more about me here.
- Helping to Save a Donkey Kong Junior on
- Chatting DoOO, Open Source, and More with Ed Beck on
- Yie Ar Kung-Fu GIFs on
- Exidy 440 Dev Kit on Cheyenne on
- Scramble Project: Cut the base! on
- And then there were 29… on
- Some Classic Arcade GIFs on
- Re-visiting How we Work at Reclaim on
- Thinking about how we work at Reclaim on
- A loaf of bread, a container of milk, and a stick of butter on
- Learning from Reclaim Cloud’s Ghost Installer on
- Ghosting WordPress on
- Ghosting WordPress on
- Migrating Ghost from Community Image to Docker Engine Installer on Reclaim Cloud on
- Spinning Up a Ghost Docker Container in Reclaim Cloud on
- bavacade To-Do List, Part 1
- Chatting DoOO, Open Source, and More with Ed Beck
- Re-visiting How we Work at Reclaim
- And then there were 29…
- Copying Files between Environments in Reclaim Cloud
- Learning from Reclaim Cloud’s Ghost Installer
- Ghosting WordPress
- 9 Years of Reclaim Hosting
- Bavacade Update: G07 Capkit, Condor PCB, and Cheyenne Audio
- WordPress Multi-Region: Is the Third Time a Charm?
browse the bavarchive
Category Archives: ds106radio
I was going through my vinyl the other day and after listening to Built to Spill‘s 1997 masterpiece Perfect from Now On I knew it wanted to make… Continue reading
Just over two years ago I wrote about spinning up a work experiment called Reclaim Radio using Azuracast. We used it irregularly and eventually it died on the vine a bit, especially given I was so used to broadcasting through … Continue reading
It’s been a while, but I finally returned to the #vinylcast on the mighty ds106radio featuring Yo La Tengo‘s And Then Nothing Turned Itself Inside Out (2000). This… Continue reading
Last week Taylor let me tag along while he upgraded ds106radio’s woefully outdated version of Azuracast. Taylor and I did some prep work behind the scenes earlier in the week, and then streamed the upgrade process live which resulted in … Continue reading
Chahira and I continue to slay with all things karaoke, and Grant Potter’s 50th birthday celebration on ds106radio gave us just the excuse we needed to point our… Continue reading
Taylor Jadin and I chatted for about an hour on Friday about some of the work we did earlier in the week upgrading Azuracast to the latest version for the mighty ds106radio. Spoiler alert: the upgrade did not work, but … Continue reading
This is the second #vinylcast in one week, so I must be getting into a groove these days—which is always nice. This one takes me back to the… Continue reading
Kind of fitting that this particular album was my 50th vinylcast on ds106radio because it is represents a bit of a landmark for me. I bought it in… Continue reading
Got back on the #ds106radio train this morning with a vinylcast of Sinéad O’Connor‘s 1990 album I Do Not Want What I Haven’t Got, it ages well. I… Continue reading
More OERxDomains21 goodness, and this time with an extra shot of ds106radio awesome. To quote a blog post titled “Hope on the Airwaves:#ds106radio Sunday Special” by Maren Deepwell from more than a year ago at the height of the pandemic: … Continue reading