Watch the bava blog trailer!
is an ongoing conversation about media of all kinds ...
Generations from now, they won't call it the Internet anymore. They'll just say, "I logged on to the Jim Groom this morning.
Everything Jim Groom touches is gold. He's like King Midas, but with the Internet.
My understanding is that an essential requirement of the internet is to do whatever Jim Groom asks of you while you're online.
-James D. Calder
@jimgroom is the Billy Martin of edtech.
My 3yr old son is VERY intrigued by @jimgroom's avatar. "Is he a superhero?" "Well, yes, son, to many he is."
Jim Groom is a fiery man.
-Antonella Dalla Torre
“Reverend” Jim “The Bava” Groom, alias “Snake Pliskin” is a charlatan and a fraud, a self-confessed “used car salesman” clawing his way into the glamour of the education technology keynote circuit via the efforts of his oppressed minions at the University of Mary Washington’s DTLT and beyond. The monster behind educational time-sink ds106 and still recovering from his bid for hipster stardom with “Edupunk”, Jim spends his days using his dwindling credibility to sell cheap webhosting to gullible undergraduates and getting banned from YouTube for gross piracy.
I am Jim Groom
Find out more about me here.
- Anne-Marie on So Your iPhone was Stolen in Milan
- Venture is up and running! | bavatuesdays on bavacade work log 2-9-2023
- Jim Grooom on So Your iPhone was Stolen in Milan
- Jim Groom on So Your iPhone was Stolen in Milan
- Alan Levine on So Your iPhone was Stolen in Milan
- Anne-Marie on So Your iPhone was Stolen in Milan
- Jim Groom on Who am I Here?
- Thom on Who am I Here?
- Reverend on Who am I Here?
- Alan on Who am I Here?
- bavacade work log 2-9-2023 | bavatuesdays on Scramble Project Update: Stenciling the Side Art
- bavacade work log 2-9-2023 | bavatuesdays on bavacade’s Bitkit2 in Pac-man
- Martha on Web Building at UMW or, Why Shannon Hauser is #4life
- This Mastodon Will Explode, Session 1 | bavatuesdays on Mission Mastodon: This Server Will Explode in 90 Days
- Hacking the Pioneer DVL-909 for Multi-Region | bavatuesdays on The Other Multiregion in My Life: Pioneer DVL-909
- Venture is up and running!
- It’s Father’s Day, and I want my cake!
- So Your iPhone was Stolen in Milan
- All Roads Lead Back to the Blog
- Who am I Here?
- bavacade work log 2-9-2023
- bavacade’s Bitkit2 in Pac-man
- This Mastodon Will Explode, Session 1
- Hacking the Pioneer DVL-909 for Multi-Region
- Mission Mastodon: This Server Will Explode in 90 Days
browse the bavarchive
- Alan Levine
- Andy Rush
- Audrey Watters
- Bonnie Stewart
- Brian Lamb
- Bryan Alexander
- Chris Lott
- Clint LaLonde
- Cole Camplese
- Darcy Norman
- David Kernohan
- David Wiley
- Gardner Campbell
- GNA Garcia
- Grant Potter
- Jeffrey Keefer
- Jon Beasley-Murray
- Jon Udell
- Kate Bowles
- Kin Lane
- Laura Blankenship
- Leslie Madsen-Brooks
- Lisa M Lane
- Martha Burtis
- Martin Hawksey
- Martin Weller
- Mike Caulfield
- Mikhail Gershovich
- Paul Bond
- Scott Leslie
- Serena Epstein
- Shannon Hauser
- Stephen Downes
- The OLDaily
- Tim Owens
- Tom Woodward
- Tony Hirst
Tag Archives: wp30
YouTube Favorites, and some thoughts about aggregation
It’s been a long while since I played with WordPress plugins on the bava. But tonight I was thinking that if CogDog is right, and just about everything we share through various networks can be thought of as blogging, than … Continue reading
Testing Wiki Append plugin
I have previously had problems getting the WIki Append plugin to work on this blog, but I think that is no longer the case. Am I right? If it works, the following article is a multi-media project students in Mara … Continue reading
Lafayette College on WordPress
Ken Knewquist just announced that the Lafayette College redesigned website recently launched as a WordPress multi-site. And I have to say, that did it exactly right. It was created and designed by Viget Labs, which has a kinda markety innocuous … Continue reading
Some Plugin Bugs in WP 3.0 on UMW Blogs
Sitewide Comment Tracking Revisited: I’ve had to deactivate a personal favorite plugin “Sitewide Comment Tracking Revisited” (my-comments.php) by dsader. A plugin that allowed you to track all your comments across the install from the comments field. Deleted it from the … Continue reading
UMW Blogs Upgraded to WP 3.0 (a play-by-play)
I’m glad (and relieved) to finally say UMW Blogs has been upgraded to the WP 3.0 merged core files without a hitch. Whew! This was a burner for me, a bit more fear and trembling going into this one than … Continue reading
umw.edu and WP 3.0: some initial architectural thoughts
While nothing is in stone yet, it looks pretty certain UMW will be moving its entire website to WordPress over the next year. This is really exciting for me, and it goes a long way to illustrate the impact UMW … Continue reading
Weird Visual Editor Issue on WP 3.0, RC 1
Having an odd issue on bavatuesdays that I can’t reproduce on any other sites in my install (namely jimgroom.net. wpmued.org, etc.). I can’t see the buttons in the visual editor, by default my visual editor icons in the Add New … Continue reading
Upgrading from WPMu to WP 3.0: Keep your config!
I just updated to the latest version of WordPress 3.0 (release candidate 1) and one of the things I realized while upgrading my own sites is that you should really keep your WPMu wp-config.php file. I figured that I would … Continue reading