Watch the bava blog trailer!
is an ongoing conversation about media of all kinds ...
Generations from now, they won't call it the Internet anymore. They'll just say, "I logged on to the Jim Groom this morning.
Everything Jim Groom touches is gold. He's like King Midas, but with the Internet.
My understanding is that an essential requirement of the internet is to do whatever Jim Groom asks of you while you're online.
-James D. Calder
@jimgroom is the Billy Martin of edtech.
My 3yr old son is VERY intrigued by @jimgroom's avatar. "Is he a superhero?" "Well, yes, son, to many he is."
Jim Groom is a fiery man.
-Antonella Dalla Torre
“Reverend” Jim “The Bava” Groom, alias “Snake Pliskin” is a charlatan and a fraud, a self-confessed “used car salesman” clawing his way into the glamour of the education technology keynote circuit via the efforts of his oppressed minions at the University of Mary Washington’s DTLT and beyond. The monster behind educational time-sink ds106 and still recovering from his bid for hipster stardom with “Edupunk”, Jim spends his days using his dwindling credibility to sell cheap webhosting to gullible undergraduates and getting banned from YouTube for gross piracy.
I am Jim Groom
Find out more about me here.
- UMW’s Console Living Room: there is something that loves a paneled wall on
- bavacade To-Do List, Part 1 on
- Helping to Save a Donkey Kong Junior on
- Chatting DoOO, Open Source, and More with Ed Beck on
- Yie Ar Kung-Fu GIFs on
- Exidy 440 Dev Kit on Cheyenne on
- Scramble Project: Cut the base! on
- And then there were 29… on
- Some Classic Arcade GIFs on
- Re-visiting How we Work at Reclaim on
- Thinking about how we work at Reclaim on
- A loaf of bread, a container of milk, and a stick of butter on
- Learning from Reclaim Cloud’s Ghost Installer on
- Ghosting WordPress on
- Ghosting WordPress on
- Vinylcast #54: The Pogues’ Red Roses for Me
- bavacade repair log 10-3-2022
- bavacade To-Do List, Part 1
- Chatting DoOO, Open Source, and More with Ed Beck
- Re-visiting How we Work at Reclaim
- And then there were 29…
- Copying Files between Environments in Reclaim Cloud
- Learning from Reclaim Cloud’s Ghost Installer
- Ghosting WordPress
- 9 Years of Reclaim Hosting
browse the bavarchive
Tag Archives: bavafest
I already blogged a bit about using OBS to produce and stream a class visit Paul Bond and I did for Antonio Vantaggiato‘s Italian Cinema course last week. I wanted to use this post to talk briefly about the clips … Continue reading
A year ago Antonio Vantaggiato invited Paul Bond and I into his Italian Cinema course to talk about Mario Bava’s The Girl Who Knew Too Much (1963). I was fairly new to Open Broadcaster Software (OBS) at the time, but … Continue reading
As Paul Bond already noted, there was a reprisal of the Bavafest last week. We got to talk about the maestro of b-movies, Mario Bava, with Antonio Vantaggiato’s class on Cine y Cultura Italiana at Sagrado. Short version of this post: it … Continue reading