Watch the bava blog trailer!
is an ongoing conversation about media of all kinds ...
Generations from now, they won't call it the Internet anymore. They'll just say, "I logged on to the Jim Groom this morning.
Everything Jim Groom touches is gold. He's like King Midas, but with the Internet.
My understanding is that an essential requirement of the internet is to do whatever Jim Groom asks of you while you're online.
-James D. Calder
@jimgroom is the Billy Martin of edtech.
My 3yr old son is VERY intrigued by @jimgroom's avatar. "Is he a superhero?" "Well, yes, son, to many he is."
Jim Groom is a fiery man.
-Antonella Dalla Torre
“Reverend” Jim “The Bava” Groom, alias “Snake Pliskin” is a charlatan and a fraud, a self-confessed “used car salesman” clawing his way into the glamour of the education technology keynote circuit via the efforts of his oppressed minions at the University of Mary Washington’s DTLT and beyond. The monster behind educational time-sink ds106 and still recovering from his bid for hipster stardom with “Edupunk”, Jim spends his days using his dwindling credibility to sell cheap webhosting to gullible undergraduates and getting banned from YouTube for gross piracy.
I am Jim Groom
Find out more about me here.
- Venture is up and running! | bavatuesdays on bavacade work log 2-9-2023
- Jim Grooom on So Your iPhone was Stolen in Milan
- Jim Groom on So Your iPhone was Stolen in Milan
- Alan Levine on So Your iPhone was Stolen in Milan
- Anne-Marie on So Your iPhone was Stolen in Milan
- Jim Groom on Who am I Here?
- Thom on Who am I Here?
- Reverend on Who am I Here?
- Alan on Who am I Here?
- bavacade work log 2-9-2023 | bavatuesdays on Scramble Project Update: Stenciling the Side Art
- bavacade work log 2-9-2023 | bavatuesdays on bavacade’s Bitkit2 in Pac-man
- Martha on Web Building at UMW or, Why Shannon Hauser is #4life
- This Mastodon Will Explode, Session 1 | bavatuesdays on Mission Mastodon: This Server Will Explode in 90 Days
- Hacking the Pioneer DVL-909 for Multi-Region | bavatuesdays on The Other Multiregion in My Life: Pioneer DVL-909
- Chris L on Web Building at UMW or, Why Shannon Hauser is #4life
- Venture is up and running!
- It’s Father’s Day, and I want my cake!
- So Your iPhone was Stolen in Milan
- All Roads Lead Back to the Blog
- Who am I Here?
- bavacade work log 2-9-2023
- bavacade’s Bitkit2 in Pac-man
- This Mastodon Will Explode, Session 1
- Hacking the Pioneer DVL-909 for Multi-Region
- Mission Mastodon: This Server Will Explode in 90 Days
browse the bavarchive
- Alan Levine
- Andy Rush
- Audrey Watters
- Bonnie Stewart
- Brian Lamb
- Bryan Alexander
- Chris Lott
- Clint LaLonde
- Cole Camplese
- Darcy Norman
- David Kernohan
- David Wiley
- Gardner Campbell
- GNA Garcia
- Grant Potter
- Jeffrey Keefer
- Jon Beasley-Murray
- Jon Udell
- Kate Bowles
- Kin Lane
- Laura Blankenship
- Leslie Madsen-Brooks
- Lisa M Lane
- Martha Burtis
- Martin Hawksey
- Martin Weller
- Mike Caulfield
- Mikhail Gershovich
- Paul Bond
- Scott Leslie
- Serena Epstein
- Shannon Hauser
- Stephen Downes
- The OLDaily
- Tim Owens
- Tom Woodward
- Tony Hirst
Tag Archives: donald o’finn
We Edit Life
The other day I came across a video by People like Us (a.k.a. Vicki Bennett) on Ubuweb, specifically the collage video she put together from found footage at the Prelinger Archive called Remote Controller (2003). It comes highly recommended, and … Continue reading
36 Hours in NYC
I just got back this morning from a 36 hour marathon trip to NYC. This uncharacteristically short trip was instigated by a workshop I got invited to do at Brooklyn College (which was a lot of fun), but the larger … Continue reading
Freddy’s Bar, Donald O’Finn, and Underground Video Art
One of the many, many things I miss about Brooklyn is Freddy’s Bar. This storied speak easy represents the best combination of dive bar and underground cultural mecca. Unfortunately, Freddy’s very existence is currently being threatened by Bruce Ratner’s Atlantic … Continue reading