Watch the bava blog trailer!
is an ongoing conversation about media of all kinds ...
Generations from now, they won't call it the Internet anymore. They'll just say, "I logged on to the Jim Groom this morning.
Everything Jim Groom touches is gold. He's like King Midas, but with the Internet.
My understanding is that an essential requirement of the internet is to do whatever Jim Groom asks of you while you're online.
-James D. Calder
@jimgroom is the Billy Martin of edtech.
My 3yr old son is VERY intrigued by @jimgroom's avatar. "Is he a superhero?" "Well, yes, son, to many he is."
Jim Groom is a fiery man.
-Antonella Dalla Torre
“Reverend” Jim “The Bava” Groom, alias “Snake Pliskin” is a charlatan and a fraud, a self-confessed “used car salesman” clawing his way into the glamour of the education technology keynote circuit via the efforts of his oppressed minions at the University of Mary Washington’s DTLT and beyond. The monster behind educational time-sink ds106 and still recovering from his bid for hipster stardom with “Edupunk”, Jim spends his days using his dwindling credibility to sell cheap webhosting to gullible undergraduates and getting banned from YouTube for gross piracy.
I am Jim Groom
Find out more about me here.
- Helping to Save a Donkey Kong Junior on
- Chatting DoOO, Open Source, and More with Ed Beck on
- Yie Ar Kung-Fu GIFs on
- Exidy 440 Dev Kit on Cheyenne on
- Scramble Project: Cut the base! on
- And then there were 29… on
- Some Classic Arcade GIFs on
- Re-visiting How we Work at Reclaim on
- Thinking about how we work at Reclaim on
- A loaf of bread, a container of milk, and a stick of butter on
- Learning from Reclaim Cloud’s Ghost Installer on
- Ghosting WordPress on
- Ghosting WordPress on
- Migrating Ghost from Community Image to Docker Engine Installer on Reclaim Cloud on
- Spinning Up a Ghost Docker Container in Reclaim Cloud on
- bavacade To-Do List, Part 1
- Chatting DoOO, Open Source, and More with Ed Beck
- Re-visiting How we Work at Reclaim
- And then there were 29…
- Copying Files between Environments in Reclaim Cloud
- Learning from Reclaim Cloud’s Ghost Installer
- Ghosting WordPress
- 9 Years of Reclaim Hosting
- Bavacade Update: G07 Capkit, Condor PCB, and Cheyenne Audio
- WordPress Multi-Region: Is the Third Time a Charm?
browse the bavarchive
Tag Archives: family
Before I close down for a week off I thought I would get in a few parting shots at 2018 on a more personal note. I already did my best to sum up my thoughts around Reclaim for 2018, and … Continue reading
Today was a great Father’s Day: Woke up to homemade waffles; played Frogger on the Commodore 128 after breakfast; went to Burger King for lunch with family; went to Obi (Italy’s take on Home Depot) for a surge protector; got … Continue reading
I got a pretty awesome father’s day card from Tess today. Not only did she design the colorful cover. But she also composed a fullblown essay about why I should be considered the greatest day. An essay so good it … Continue reading
With the end of another year quickly approaching, I must acknowledge I’m never good for predictions, resolutions, or year-end wrap-ups. In part because I am myopic, lazy, and disorganized, but also because that’s really not what this blog is about. … Continue reading
Because the bava family are gluttons for punishment, we are thinking about getting a dog. It’s huge for me ’cause I haven’t had a dog since growing up on Long Island with our family dog Thurman—named after the late, great … Continue reading