Watch the bava blog trailer!
is an ongoing conversation about media of all kinds ...
Generations from now, they won't call it the Internet anymore. They'll just say, "I logged on to the Jim Groom this morning.
Everything Jim Groom touches is gold. He's like King Midas, but with the Internet.
My understanding is that an essential requirement of the internet is to do whatever Jim Groom asks of you while you're online.
-James D. Calder
@jimgroom is the Billy Martin of edtech.
My 3yr old son is VERY intrigued by @jimgroom's avatar. "Is he a superhero?" "Well, yes, son, to many he is."
Jim Groom is a fiery man.
-Antonella Dalla Torre
“Reverend” Jim “The Bava” Groom, alias “Snake Pliskin” is a charlatan and a fraud, a self-confessed “used car salesman” clawing his way into the glamour of the education technology keynote circuit via the efforts of his oppressed minions at the University of Mary Washington’s DTLT and beyond. The monster behind educational time-sink ds106 and still recovering from his bid for hipster stardom with “Edupunk”, Jim spends his days using his dwindling credibility to sell cheap webhosting to gullible undergraduates and getting banned from YouTube for gross piracy.
I am Jim Groom
Find out more about me here.
- lily on Child Bride (1938)
- Reverend on Getting Ready for Reclaim Open
- Getting Ready for Reclaim Open | bavatuesdays on Reclaim Karaoke at the Rockaway Club
- Eric Likness on Getting Ready for Reclaim Open
- Getting Ready for Reclaim Open | bavatuesdays on 10 Years Off the Sauce
- Reverend on Reclaim Karaoke at the Rockaway Club
- Reverend on Reclaim Karaoke at the Rockaway Club
- Tim Owens on Reclaim Karaoke at the Rockaway Club
- Meredith on Child Bride (1938)
- Anne-Marie Scott on Reclaim Karaoke at the Rockaway Club
- Reclaim Karaoke at the Rockaway Club | bavatuesdays on The Boy Who Streamed Too Much
- Reclaim Karaoke at the Rockaway Club | bavatuesdays on Reclaim Karaoke: Testing 1,2,3
- Reclaim Karaoke at the Rockaway Club | bavatuesdays on Friday Night Karaoke at OERcamp.global
- Reclaim Karaoke at the Rockaway Club | bavatuesdays on Summer Summit 2020 KaraOERke Setup Update
- Reclaim Karaoke at the Rockaway Club | bavatuesdays on YouTube, Copyright, and the ongoing Claims on our Culture
- Getting Ready for Reclaim Open
- Reclaim Karaoke at the Rockaway Club
- Metaphor’s in the Water, You Go in the Water
- The Boy Who Streamed Too Much
- Reclaim Karaoke: Testing 1,2,3
- Reclaim Karaoke Test on ds106radio
- Presenting Reclaim Cloud at OER23
- The Allure of Mastodon
- Creating a Domain Alias for Mastodon Files Served through DigitalOcean Spaces
- Moving Mastodon Object Storage from AWS S3 to DigitalOcean Spaces
browse the bavarchive
- Alan Levine
- Andy Rush
- Audrey Watters
- Bonnie Stewart
- Brian Lamb
- Bryan Alexander
- Chris Lott
- Clint LaLonde
- Cole Camplese
- Darcy Norman
- David Kernohan
- David Wiley
- Gardner Campbell
- GNA Garcia
- Grant Potter
- Jeffrey Keefer
- Jon Beasley-Murray
- Jon Udell
- Kate Bowles
- Kin Lane
- Laura Blankenship
- Leslie Madsen-Brooks
- Lisa M Lane
- Martha Burtis
- Martin Hawksey
- Martin Weller
- Mike Caulfield
- Mikhail Gershovich
- Paul Bond
- Scott Leslie
- Serena Epstein
- Shannon Hauser
- Stephen Downes
- The OLDaily
- Tim Owens
- Tom Woodward
- Tony Hirst
Tag Archives: movie theaters
That’s a Cinematic Parking Garage
The spring issue of Cinema Retro has a feature on the 1976 version of King Kong as well as an article on Orca: the Killer Whale (1977). Great reading, now I’m gonna have to re-watch both films this month. A short bit … Continue reading
Posted in art, film, fun Tagged Detroit, movie theaters, movies Leave a comment
Save the Elks Theater!
Today I got an email asking if a small, local movie theater that’s been around since 1911 could use a minimalist movie poster I created for John Carpenter’s The Thing (1982) to promote a forthcoming benefit to save the theater … Continue reading
Posted in design, movies Tagged design, middletwon, movie theaters, Pennsylvania, The Elks Theater, The Thing 5 Comments
The New Bava Beverly
Image courtesy of Robjtak Los Angeles is a fine town. I lived in its tepid embrace for over seven years, and I have to say it was probably seven of the best film years of my life. I think I … Continue reading
Posted in film, films, fun, movies Tagged Alien, animation, BAM, beneath the planet of the apes, Black Sabbath, black sunday, Bud Spencer, cinerama dome, Evil Under the Sun, film, films, Five Dolls of an August Moon, Four Times That Night, Friday the 13th, Hercules in the Haunted World, horror, Jason and the Argonauts, mario bava, movie theaters, movies, new beverly, nuart theater, planet of the apes, planet of the vampires, Rabid Dogs, Rashomon, Ray Harryhausen, rosemary's baby, Roy Colt and Jack Winchester, sam peckinpah, Spaghetti Western, Straw Dogs, sword and sandal, Terence Hill, The Bride of Frankenstein, the brood, The Girl Who Knew Too Much, The Man Who Knew Too Much, the texas chainsaw massacre, They Call Me Trinity, thriller, trilogy of terror, twitch of the death nerve, western 7 Comments