Watch the bava blog trailer!
is an ongoing conversation about media of all kinds ...
Generations from now, they won't call it the Internet anymore. They'll just say, "I logged on to the Jim Groom this morning.
Everything Jim Groom touches is gold. He's like King Midas, but with the Internet.
My understanding is that an essential requirement of the internet is to do whatever Jim Groom asks of you while you're online.
-James D. Calder
@jimgroom is the Billy Martin of edtech.
My 3yr old son is VERY intrigued by @jimgroom's avatar. "Is he a superhero?" "Well, yes, son, to many he is."
Jim Groom is a fiery man.
-Antonella Dalla Torre
“Reverend” Jim “The Bava” Groom, alias “Snake Pliskin” is a charlatan and a fraud, a self-confessed “used car salesman” clawing his way into the glamour of the education technology keynote circuit via the efforts of his oppressed minions at the University of Mary Washington’s DTLT and beyond. The monster behind educational time-sink ds106 and still recovering from his bid for hipster stardom with “Edupunk”, Jim spends his days using his dwindling credibility to sell cheap webhosting to gullible undergraduates and getting banned from YouTube for gross piracy.
I am Jim Groom
Find out more about me here.
- Helping to Save a Donkey Kong Junior on
- Chatting DoOO, Open Source, and More with Ed Beck on
- Yie Ar Kung-Fu GIFs on
- Exidy 440 Dev Kit on Cheyenne on
- Scramble Project: Cut the base! on
- And then there were 29… on
- Some Classic Arcade GIFs on
- Re-visiting How we Work at Reclaim on
- Thinking about how we work at Reclaim on
- A loaf of bread, a container of milk, and a stick of butter on
- Learning from Reclaim Cloud’s Ghost Installer on
- Ghosting WordPress on
- Ghosting WordPress on
- Migrating Ghost from Community Image to Docker Engine Installer on Reclaim Cloud on
- Spinning Up a Ghost Docker Container in Reclaim Cloud on
- bavacade To-Do List, Part 1
- Chatting DoOO, Open Source, and More with Ed Beck
- Re-visiting How we Work at Reclaim
- And then there were 29…
- Copying Files between Environments in Reclaim Cloud
- Learning from Reclaim Cloud’s Ghost Installer
- Ghosting WordPress
- 9 Years of Reclaim Hosting
- Bavacade Update: G07 Capkit, Condor PCB, and Cheyenne Audio
- WordPress Multi-Region: Is the Third Time a Charm?
browse the bavarchive
Tag Archives: museums 2.0
One of the things I love about my Flickr photostream are the intermittent gifts from my contacts. Fotoedge’s images regularly provide me with a beautifully textured and preserved Americana of the Mid-West. Whenever he uploads a new photo I am … Continue reading
I was just talking with a colleague about the NMC’s Online Conference on Web Video, via Alan, and it reminded me of a quite cool project designed by Jim Spadacinni over at Ideum. The Maxwell Museum of Anthropology has a … Continue reading
Jim Spadacinni at Ideum recently posted on the potential of institutions -in this case museums- to colonize web 2.0 spaces (article link). He brings up a lot of excellent examples in his post. See his discussion of the Los Angeles … Continue reading
During the New Web seminar at the University of Victoria, Jim Spadacinni talked a bit about the potential for museums to colonize popular social sites for both exposure and networking. Logic being, regardless of how much one may hate how … Continue reading
The New Web seminar at UVIC hosted another fascinating discussion today about integrating web 2.0 tools into the museum landscape with Seb Chan from the Powerhouse Museum (see this post for the highlights of our discussion with Kevin von Appen … Continue reading