Watch the bava blog trailer!
is an ongoing conversation about media of all kinds ...
Generations from now, they won't call it the Internet anymore. They'll just say, "I logged on to the Jim Groom this morning.
Everything Jim Groom touches is gold. He's like King Midas, but with the Internet.
My understanding is that an essential requirement of the internet is to do whatever Jim Groom asks of you while you're online.
-James D. Calder
@jimgroom is the Billy Martin of edtech.
My 3yr old son is VERY intrigued by @jimgroom's avatar. "Is he a superhero?" "Well, yes, son, to many he is."
Jim Groom is a fiery man.
-Antonella Dalla Torre
“Reverend” Jim “The Bava” Groom, alias “Snake Pliskin” is a charlatan and a fraud, a self-confessed “used car salesman” clawing his way into the glamour of the education technology keynote circuit via the efforts of his oppressed minions at the University of Mary Washington’s DTLT and beyond. The monster behind educational time-sink ds106 and still recovering from his bid for hipster stardom with “Edupunk”, Jim spends his days using his dwindling credibility to sell cheap webhosting to gullible undergraduates and getting banned from YouTube for gross piracy.
I am Jim Groom
Find out more about me here.
- Tim Owens on Reclaim Karaoke at the Rockaway Club
- Meredith on Child Bride (1938)
- Anne-Marie Scott on Reclaim Karaoke at the Rockaway Club
- Reclaim Karaoke at the Rockaway Club | bavatuesdays on The Boy Who Streamed Too Much
- Reclaim Karaoke at the Rockaway Club | bavatuesdays on Reclaim Karaoke: Testing 1,2,3
- Reclaim Karaoke at the Rockaway Club | bavatuesdays on Friday Night Karaoke at OERcamp.global
- Reclaim Karaoke at the Rockaway Club | bavatuesdays on Summer Summit 2020 KaraOERke Setup Update
- Reclaim Karaoke at the Rockaway Club | bavatuesdays on YouTube, Copyright, and the ongoing Claims on our Culture
- Reclaim Karaoke at the Rockaway Club | bavatuesdays on Karaoke Fridays on #ds106radio
- The Joy of Web Improbability: The Buggles on/in front of #DS106 TV – CogDogBlog on ds106zone Week 4: Video Killed the Radio Star
- David Schlaefer on Day 29: Navarone Playset
- The Boy Who Streamed Too Much | bavatuesdays on OBS Ninja
- The Boy Who Streamed Too Much | bavatuesdays on Diabolik: a Cultural Revolution Comic on Film
- The Boy Who Streamed Too Much | bavatuesdays on The Evil Eye
- The Boy Who Streamed Too Much | bavatuesdays on Reclaim Karaoke: Testing 1,2,3
- Reclaim Karaoke at the Rockaway Club
- Metaphor’s in the Water, You Go in the Water
- The Boy Who Streamed Too Much
- Reclaim Karaoke: Testing 1,2,3
- Reclaim Karaoke Test on ds106radio
- Presenting Reclaim Cloud at OER23
- The Allure of Mastodon
- Creating a Domain Alias for Mastodon Files Served through DigitalOcean Spaces
- Moving Mastodon Object Storage from AWS S3 to DigitalOcean Spaces
- Mastodon Version Updates, Object Storage Security, and More
browse the bavarchive
- Alan Levine
- Andy Rush
- Audrey Watters
- Bonnie Stewart
- Brian Lamb
- Bryan Alexander
- Chris Lott
- Clint LaLonde
- Cole Camplese
- Darcy Norman
- David Kernohan
- David Wiley
- Gardner Campbell
- GNA Garcia
- Grant Potter
- Jeffrey Keefer
- Jon Beasley-Murray
- Jon Udell
- Kate Bowles
- Kin Lane
- Laura Blankenship
- Leslie Madsen-Brooks
- Lisa M Lane
- Martha Burtis
- Martin Hawksey
- Martin Weller
- Mike Caulfield
- Mikhail Gershovich
- Paul Bond
- Scott Leslie
- Serena Epstein
- Shannon Hauser
- Stephen Downes
- The OLDaily
- Tim Owens
- Tom Woodward
- Tony Hirst
Tag Archives: mapping domains
Publishing: This Time it’s Personal!
Image photoshopped by Serena Epstein. The NMC’s 2009 Horizon Report lists “The Personal Web” as one of the developing trends for educational institutions over the next 2 to 3 years. They define it as follows: Part of a trend that … Continue reading
UMW Blogs has its first mapped (sub)domain
I have blogged regularly about mapping domains on WordPress Mulit-User for over a year now. And it is with great pleasure that I announce the first instance of a mapped domain on UMW Blogs (which is actually a mapped subdomain). … Continue reading
WPMu Subdomain Mapping
As a follow up to my last post, I also tested out mapping subdomains with CPanel on a WPMu installation using Donncha’s Domain Mapping plugin. And surprise, surprise, just about the same method works for mapping just a subdomain to … Continue reading
WPMu Domain Mapping Plugin on CPanel
Well, I have written a bunch about domain mapping on WPMu over the last year or so. Up and until tonight I have been using Richard Bui’s tutorial here along with David Dean’s Multi-Site Manager Plugin. The combination of the … Continue reading
Importing a single WP blog to a WPMu Installation
As promised, I am going to go through the steps I followed bringing this blog from a single WordPress installation into a WPMu environment. For some background on all of this check out these posts here and here. So, I … Continue reading