Watch the bava blog trailer!
is an ongoing conversation about media of all kinds ...
Generations from now, they won't call it the Internet anymore. They'll just say, "I logged on to the Jim Groom this morning.
Everything Jim Groom touches is gold. He's like King Midas, but with the Internet.
My understanding is that an essential requirement of the internet is to do whatever Jim Groom asks of you while you're online.
-James D. Calder
@jimgroom is the Billy Martin of edtech.
My 3yr old son is VERY intrigued by @jimgroom's avatar. "Is he a superhero?" "Well, yes, son, to many he is."
Jim Groom is a fiery man.
-Antonella Dalla Torre
“Reverend” Jim “The Bava” Groom, alias “Snake Pliskin” is a charlatan and a fraud, a self-confessed “used car salesman” clawing his way into the glamour of the education technology keynote circuit via the efforts of his oppressed minions at the University of Mary Washington’s DTLT and beyond. The monster behind educational time-sink ds106 and still recovering from his bid for hipster stardom with “Edupunk”, Jim spends his days using his dwindling credibility to sell cheap webhosting to gullible undergraduates and getting banned from YouTube for gross piracy.
I am Jim Groom
Find out more about me here.
- lily on Child Bride (1938)
- Reverend on Getting Ready for Reclaim Open
- Getting Ready for Reclaim Open | bavatuesdays on Reclaim Karaoke at the Rockaway Club
- Eric Likness on Getting Ready for Reclaim Open
- Getting Ready for Reclaim Open | bavatuesdays on 10 Years Off the Sauce
- Reverend on Reclaim Karaoke at the Rockaway Club
- Reverend on Reclaim Karaoke at the Rockaway Club
- Tim Owens on Reclaim Karaoke at the Rockaway Club
- Meredith on Child Bride (1938)
- Anne-Marie Scott on Reclaim Karaoke at the Rockaway Club
- Reclaim Karaoke at the Rockaway Club | bavatuesdays on The Boy Who Streamed Too Much
- Reclaim Karaoke at the Rockaway Club | bavatuesdays on Reclaim Karaoke: Testing 1,2,3
- Reclaim Karaoke at the Rockaway Club | bavatuesdays on Friday Night Karaoke at OERcamp.global
- Reclaim Karaoke at the Rockaway Club | bavatuesdays on Summer Summit 2020 KaraOERke Setup Update
- Reclaim Karaoke at the Rockaway Club | bavatuesdays on YouTube, Copyright, and the ongoing Claims on our Culture
- Getting Ready for Reclaim Open
- Reclaim Karaoke at the Rockaway Club
- Metaphor’s in the Water, You Go in the Water
- The Boy Who Streamed Too Much
- Reclaim Karaoke: Testing 1,2,3
- Reclaim Karaoke Test on ds106radio
- Presenting Reclaim Cloud at OER23
- The Allure of Mastodon
- Creating a Domain Alias for Mastodon Files Served through DigitalOcean Spaces
- Moving Mastodon Object Storage from AWS S3 to DigitalOcean Spaces
browse the bavarchive
- Alan Levine
- Andy Rush
- Audrey Watters
- Bonnie Stewart
- Brian Lamb
- Bryan Alexander
- Chris Lott
- Clint LaLonde
- Cole Camplese
- Darcy Norman
- David Kernohan
- David Wiley
- Gardner Campbell
- GNA Garcia
- Grant Potter
- Jeffrey Keefer
- Jon Beasley-Murray
- Jon Udell
- Kate Bowles
- Kin Lane
- Laura Blankenship
- Leslie Madsen-Brooks
- Lisa M Lane
- Martha Burtis
- Martin Hawksey
- Martin Weller
- Mike Caulfield
- Mikhail Gershovich
- Paul Bond
- Scott Leslie
- Serena Epstein
- Shannon Hauser
- Stephen Downes
- The OLDaily
- Tim Owens
- Tom Woodward
- Tony Hirst
Tag Archives: sobds106
Dr. Oblivion does not judge you
I happened to get this shot of Tess yesterday as we were recreating in the DTLT offices, and it made me nostalgic for the Summer of Oblivion. I’m coming fast up on seven years of blogging and almost 2000 posts … Continue reading
Dr. O’Blivion interviews Jim Groom
Dr. Oblivion sits down with Jim Groom for a final interview about what has been happening, Groom’s motives and intentions, and more. Special shout out to Tim Owens for doing the filming, editing, and split screen work!
Summer of Oblivion: The Burtis did it!
An award-winning performance by Martha Burtis right here! Not to mention the brilliant supporting actor role of Steve Greenlaw.
ds106 Finish Up Strong: Archiving and Final Exam
All, The 5 week intensive course has been fast, furious, and a lot of fun. I can’t thank the open, online students enough who carried the commenting, feedback and general network love for many of the for-credit students at UMW. … Continue reading
ds106 live broadcast 7-18-11: Press Conference with Detective Kim Droom
Today’s press conference with Detective Kim Droom starts to shed some light on the events of Camp Oblivion this past weekend. There is a suspect in custody. Also, both Jim Groom and Dr. O’Blivion are alive and well and being … Continue reading
ds106 live broadcast 7-14-11: Andy Rush on Video
In today’s live broadcast Andy Rush provides in-depth look at the tools of the trade for video. With an examination of codecs, compression, video editors, DVD ripping tools, and other strange transformative tools. If you are in need of an overview of … Continue reading
ds106 Live Broadcast 7-13-11: Introduction to Web Video
Live chat for this live broadcast can be found here. Today’s live broadcast was an introduction to a wide range of examples, genres, and possibilities with web video. The talk was based on Tom Woodward‘s list of videos here as … Continue reading
Summer of Oblivion Radio Shows
July 12th Student Radio Showcase by timmmmyboy Above is an archive of the Live Broadcast of the Summer of Oblivion radio shows that aired yesterday, July 12th, 2011, on ds106radio from 1:30 PM (EDT) until 5:30 PM (EDT). It was … Continue reading
Update: The transcript from the live chat of this session is now available here. Not sure if you have seen today’s live broadcast yet, but it turns out that the O’Blivion family has decided to try and commandeer my course, … Continue reading
What should the ds106 radio show theme be?
The poll on my blog isn’t working so take it on the d106 site here.