Watch the bava blog trailer!
is an ongoing conversation about media of all kinds ...
Generations from now, they won't call it the Internet anymore. They'll just say, "I logged on to the Jim Groom this morning.
Everything Jim Groom touches is gold. He's like King Midas, but with the Internet.
My understanding is that an essential requirement of the internet is to do whatever Jim Groom asks of you while you're online.
-James D. Calder
@jimgroom is the Billy Martin of edtech.
My 3yr old son is VERY intrigued by @jimgroom's avatar. "Is he a superhero?" "Well, yes, son, to many he is."
Jim Groom is a fiery man.
-Antonella Dalla Torre
“Reverend” Jim “The Bava” Groom, alias “Snake Pliskin” is a charlatan and a fraud, a self-confessed “used car salesman” clawing his way into the glamour of the education technology keynote circuit via the efforts of his oppressed minions at the University of Mary Washington’s DTLT and beyond. The monster behind educational time-sink ds106 and still recovering from his bid for hipster stardom with “Edupunk”, Jim spends his days using his dwindling credibility to sell cheap webhosting to gullible undergraduates and getting banned from YouTube for gross piracy.
I am Jim Groom
Find out more about me here.
- Helping to Save a Donkey Kong Junior on
- Chatting DoOO, Open Source, and More with Ed Beck on
- Yie Ar Kung-Fu GIFs on
- Exidy 440 Dev Kit on Cheyenne on
- Scramble Project: Cut the base! on
- And then there were 29… on
- Some Classic Arcade GIFs on
- Re-visiting How we Work at Reclaim on
- Thinking about how we work at Reclaim on
- A loaf of bread, a container of milk, and a stick of butter on
- Learning from Reclaim Cloud’s Ghost Installer on
- Ghosting WordPress on
- Ghosting WordPress on
- Migrating Ghost from Community Image to Docker Engine Installer on Reclaim Cloud on
- Spinning Up a Ghost Docker Container in Reclaim Cloud on
- bavacade To-Do List, Part 1
- Chatting DoOO, Open Source, and More with Ed Beck
- Re-visiting How we Work at Reclaim
- And then there were 29…
- Copying Files between Environments in Reclaim Cloud
- Learning from Reclaim Cloud’s Ghost Installer
- Ghosting WordPress
- 9 Years of Reclaim Hosting
- Bavacade Update: G07 Capkit, Condor PCB, and Cheyenne Audio
- WordPress Multi-Region: Is the Third Time a Charm?
browse the bavarchive
Category Archives: Flickr
Hi, my name is bava, and I have an Instagram problem. I never planned to get on Instagram, and I was even less inclined to enjoy it. But 616 posts and 18 months later I’m realizing I am deeper in … Continue reading
The beaches of Chia I am currently in London with some downtime as I prepare for a Domains workshop in Coventry tomorrow. I’m just coming off the longest vacation I have taken in probably twenty years (if not longer). Twelve … Continue reading
We’re into March now and I just did a catch-up for the 2018/365 group on Flickr. I’m pretty happy with the first two months of photos, but even more so with the impetus to keep on top of my Flickr … Continue reading
[For posterity, the above YouTube link-once it inevitably breaks-was to Built to Spill’s song “Randy Describes Eternity” off their album Perfect from Now On.] I already missed my first photo for the 2018/365 photo-a-day madness. I woke up this morning and … Continue reading
I’ve been watching Alan and D’Arcy do the 365 photo challenge for more than a decade now, which struck me when I read that fact. I envied the push, but without a phone until two years ago, the idea of … Continue reading
Yesterday morning I went on a walk in downtown Trento with Antonella and Tess to do some shopping and pick up and overdue bicycle. The weather had been pretty brutal here the previous 5 days or so, so a pure blue … Continue reading
Update: D’Arcy informed me that “the flickr link was just crawled by google or technorati – no magic connection.” One can dream I guess 🙂 I just got a notification of an incoming link from a Flickr photo on my … Continue reading
I have been meaning to write about just how easy it was to include the eight Flickr images I used for the In Jim’s Chair post. Tan Tan Noodles’ Flickr Photo Gallery plugin for WordPress (and WPMu) is often associated … Continue reading