Watch the bava blog trailer!
is an ongoing conversation about media of all kinds ...
Generations from now, they won't call it the Internet anymore. They'll just say, "I logged on to the Jim Groom this morning.
Everything Jim Groom touches is gold. He's like King Midas, but with the Internet.
My understanding is that an essential requirement of the internet is to do whatever Jim Groom asks of you while you're online.
-James D. Calder
@jimgroom is the Billy Martin of edtech.
My 3yr old son is VERY intrigued by @jimgroom's avatar. "Is he a superhero?" "Well, yes, son, to many he is."
Jim Groom is a fiery man.
-Antonella Dalla Torre
“Reverend” Jim “The Bava” Groom, alias “Snake Pliskin” is a charlatan and a fraud, a self-confessed “used car salesman” clawing his way into the glamour of the education technology keynote circuit via the efforts of his oppressed minions at the University of Mary Washington’s DTLT and beyond. The monster behind educational time-sink ds106 and still recovering from his bid for hipster stardom with “Edupunk”, Jim spends his days using his dwindling credibility to sell cheap webhosting to gullible undergraduates and getting banned from YouTube for gross piracy.
I am Jim Groom
Find out more about me here.
- UMW’s Console Living Room: there is something that loves a paneled wall on
- bavacade To-Do List, Part 1 on
- Helping to Save a Donkey Kong Junior on
- Chatting DoOO, Open Source, and More with Ed Beck on
- Yie Ar Kung-Fu GIFs on
- Exidy 440 Dev Kit on Cheyenne on
- Scramble Project: Cut the base! on
- And then there were 29… on
- Some Classic Arcade GIFs on
- Re-visiting How we Work at Reclaim on
- Thinking about how we work at Reclaim on
- A loaf of bread, a container of milk, and a stick of butter on
- Learning from Reclaim Cloud’s Ghost Installer on
- Ghosting WordPress on
- Ghosting WordPress on
- Vinylcast #54: The Pogues’ Red Roses for Me
- bavacade repair log 10-3-2022
- bavacade To-Do List, Part 1
- Chatting DoOO, Open Source, and More with Ed Beck
- Re-visiting How we Work at Reclaim
- And then there were 29…
- Copying Files between Environments in Reclaim Cloud
- Learning from Reclaim Cloud’s Ghost Installer
- Ghosting WordPress
- 9 Years of Reclaim Hosting
browse the bavarchive
Tag Archives: movie
I procrastinated tonight with an animated GIF, and you know what….it felt good! Now, the bigger question—does anyone have any idea what film this is from?
So, I recently got the latest issue of Filmfax (my favorite magazine in the world) and it was a good one. As soon as a I got it I was heading directly for the article on Peter Hyams’s NASA conspiracy … Continue reading
Playing around with the Drive-In Movie Ads at Internet Archive, oh what a joy. Via “What’s New at the Internet Archive.“
I watched Martin Scorsese’s After Hours(1985) this evening, and I really do love this film. And while many might consider it a minor Scorsese film, for me it is one of his best. Right up there with Taxi Driver (1976), … Continue reading
The opening scene from Sergio Leone’s Once Upon a Time in the West (1968) may very well be the greatest opening scene of any film ever. And I mean ever, I can’t even think of anything remotely close, save maybe … Continue reading
Think for a second about soliloquies in film, and then find me one that surpasses Quint’s narration of the shark infested horror of the USS Indianapolis from Jaws, you’ll be hard pressed. Jaws is a work of art of the … Continue reading
Check out this clip from Kung Fu from Beyond the Grave (1982), between the terrible dubbing, ridiculous effects, and zombies vs. Dracula “action,” it is simply impossible not to love it: Thanks to the great
I’m getting deeper and deeper into this issue of Filmfax, and I have to say it’s a gem. I just finished the first installment of Vincent Di Fate’s “3-D Cinema: Yesterday, Today, and Tomorrow” which gave a nice overview of … Continue reading