Watch the bava blog trailer!
is an ongoing conversation about media of all kinds ...
Generations from now, they won't call it the Internet anymore. They'll just say, "I logged on to the Jim Groom this morning.
Everything Jim Groom touches is gold. He's like King Midas, but with the Internet.
My understanding is that an essential requirement of the internet is to do whatever Jim Groom asks of you while you're online.
-James D. Calder
@jimgroom is the Billy Martin of edtech.
My 3yr old son is VERY intrigued by @jimgroom's avatar. "Is he a superhero?" "Well, yes, son, to many he is."
Jim Groom is a fiery man.
-Antonella Dalla Torre
“Reverend” Jim “The Bava” Groom, alias “Snake Pliskin” is a charlatan and a fraud, a self-confessed “used car salesman” clawing his way into the glamour of the education technology keynote circuit via the efforts of his oppressed minions at the University of Mary Washington’s DTLT and beyond. The monster behind educational time-sink ds106 and still recovering from his bid for hipster stardom with “Edupunk”, Jim spends his days using his dwindling credibility to sell cheap webhosting to gullible undergraduates and getting banned from YouTube for gross piracy.
I am Jim Groom
Find out more about me here.
- lily on Child Bride (1938)
- Reverend on Getting Ready for Reclaim Open
- Getting Ready for Reclaim Open | bavatuesdays on Reclaim Karaoke at the Rockaway Club
- Eric Likness on Getting Ready for Reclaim Open
- Getting Ready for Reclaim Open | bavatuesdays on 10 Years Off the Sauce
- Reverend on Reclaim Karaoke at the Rockaway Club
- Reverend on Reclaim Karaoke at the Rockaway Club
- Tim Owens on Reclaim Karaoke at the Rockaway Club
- Meredith on Child Bride (1938)
- Anne-Marie Scott on Reclaim Karaoke at the Rockaway Club
- Reclaim Karaoke at the Rockaway Club | bavatuesdays on The Boy Who Streamed Too Much
- Reclaim Karaoke at the Rockaway Club | bavatuesdays on Reclaim Karaoke: Testing 1,2,3
- Reclaim Karaoke at the Rockaway Club | bavatuesdays on Friday Night Karaoke at OERcamp.global
- Reclaim Karaoke at the Rockaway Club | bavatuesdays on Summer Summit 2020 KaraOERke Setup Update
- Reclaim Karaoke at the Rockaway Club | bavatuesdays on YouTube, Copyright, and the ongoing Claims on our Culture
- Getting Ready for Reclaim Open
- Reclaim Karaoke at the Rockaway Club
- Metaphor’s in the Water, You Go in the Water
- The Boy Who Streamed Too Much
- Reclaim Karaoke: Testing 1,2,3
- Reclaim Karaoke Test on ds106radio
- Presenting Reclaim Cloud at OER23
- The Allure of Mastodon
- Creating a Domain Alias for Mastodon Files Served through DigitalOcean Spaces
- Moving Mastodon Object Storage from AWS S3 to DigitalOcean Spaces
browse the bavarchive
- Alan Levine
- Andy Rush
- Audrey Watters
- Bonnie Stewart
- Brian Lamb
- Bryan Alexander
- Chris Lott
- Clint LaLonde
- Cole Camplese
- Darcy Norman
- David Kernohan
- David Wiley
- Gardner Campbell
- GNA Garcia
- Grant Potter
- Jeffrey Keefer
- Jon Beasley-Murray
- Jon Udell
- Kate Bowles
- Kin Lane
- Laura Blankenship
- Leslie Madsen-Brooks
- Lisa M Lane
- Martha Burtis
- Martin Hawksey
- Martin Weller
- Mike Caulfield
- Mikhail Gershovich
- Paul Bond
- Scott Leslie
- Serena Epstein
- Shannon Hauser
- Stephen Downes
- The OLDaily
- Tim Owens
- Tom Woodward
- Tony Hirst
Tag Archives: students
What about the UMW Students?!
Lest I forget after paying all sorts of love to the UMW faculty for the emergence of the digital at UMW in my last post that there’s another part to this whole equation: the students! I always find myself in … Continue reading
Do you know what is happening in Puerto Rico right now?
Thanks to Luchas RUM and so many good folks from Puerto Rico in my Twitter stream, I’m starting to get an inkling of what’s going down at the University of Puerto Rico (UPR). Last week, in response to the announcement … Continue reading
I Bleed CUNY Blood
Well, this past Friday was a real blast for me on many levels. First, I returned CUNY which was my old stomping ground for over 10 years, a place where I met some amazing people (many of whom are still … Continue reading
The Bullet to UMW Blogs?
I’ve been dying over the last two years to bring UMW’s The Bullet (our student-run newspaper) into the UMW Blogs fold. It drives me crazy that it’s hosted by the local Fredericksburg paper, particularly because they suck so bad. The … Continue reading
The RIAA Hates Education! (Which means they hate you and your whole family)
If you haven’t heard, the RIAA recently accused Joel Tenenbaum, a graduate student at Boston University, of downloading seven copyrighted songs when he was a teenager. Such extortion notices aren’t necessarily novel, but what is unique is that Tenenbaum decided to … Continue reading
A domain of one’s own
It was recently announced by Mary Washington’s new president that the next academic year (2009/2010) will be “The Year of the Digital Campus” at UMW. While I think we are uniquely positioned to make the most of this idea, I … Continue reading
UMW Blogs is breaking down the walls!
I have been remiss on my UMW Blogs postings lately, I have been too absorbed with flaming conference attendees (not to mention email lists) that I have lost my center, my home, my love! But, like any good companion, as … Continue reading
This ain’t yo mama’s e-portfolio, part 2
So, in an attempt to galvanize my mania to its most chaotically productive for Faculty Academy 2008, I’ll go on with this e-portfolio madness, as promised. However, the comments on part 1 are already making me wonder whether this post … Continue reading